2011 OWMTBC

Ok chaps, thanks for your patience on this one. An e-mail has gone out to all the Friends of OWMTBC so please keep an eye out for it and respond as appropriate.

Jupke":12vrteu6 said:
How do I become a "friend" ?

they are on facebook but also they have their own site but the easiest way is just to PM either ededwards or mr K on here.

anyway who sent back answer "A" to the email? :D

just been looking at flights, 650 seems to be about right to san francisco (assuming that's the correct airport) have found cheaper but thats going through a couple of changes.

i figure direct flight is defo the way forward even if it is a bit more expensive.

also has anyone got any recommendations for hotels?

We also have Oakland and San Jose airports in the Bay Area that some International flights fly into. There is actually a motel in downtown Fairfax, right behind the 19 Broadway Bar-not cheap, though- I think about $140.00 per night. On the other hand, San Rafael is 5 miles away and has multiple motels, a number of them cheaper. I think the finest, cheapest way to go would be to team up with some of the other folks coming and rent a house in the area for a week. You could make meals there and hang out with like-minded people.

jonnyboy666":9f7qo1z6 said:
Jupke":9f7qo1z6 said:
How do I become a "friend" ?

they are on facebook but also they have their own site but the easiest way is just to PM either ededwards or mr K on here.

Ok thanks!
Was thinking about a 10 day trip myself. Assuming it's a 3 day event I'd like to visit MOAB before or after depending on the exact date.

Cheers,
Ben

I took my decision, and the last details were OK this morning !
I'm going to California !!!!

Another froggie's want to come too !

It will be a good reason to meet my friend Brian who lives near Fairfax :D

I guess you've had an email by now Pierre to say that the evnt has been cancelled - sad!

I couldn't go this year as I have changed my job and couldn't take holidays in September.

i am pretty gutted to be honest, was well up for it. :( it seems not enough people can commit to it, which is sort of understandable considering the cost but either way i was looking forward to it.

i'll probably go to Morzine in the summer instead now.

It was always a long shot for me to be honest, but the cost of flights at the moment is just too much for me to afford.

It's a real shame for everyone, but I can understand the decision to cancel.

I didn't get the email :(
I wasn't sure on the dates as MrsE_R needs to book her hols for the year in January or her planner gets filled up and she ends up with poo random days.
Sad it's been cancelled
:(

Back