Seat post size/Vernier confusion :-/

neilll

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok...so I go buy a set of Vernier Calipers, just to make sure I'm buying the correct sized parts, first up I measure my seatpost size and it seems to be 31.2mm :roll:

Isn't that an odd size?

Felix/Andreas has the same bike (ok a different year) and he reckons his seatpost was 27.0 :shock:

Until I bought the vernier i've spent most waking hours looking for a 27.0 post (they are pretty scarce if your're fussy :oops:), now maybe I have been wasting my time.....

The outer measurement seems to be 35.1mm (checking for front Mech fitting...)

Does this make sense to anyone?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Dont want to sound cheeky or anything but are you reading the vernier right? happened to me when i first used one :oops:

Why not measure up then take a photo so we can see the problem

exbiker":2ssfv6k1 said:
Dont want to sound cheeky or anything but are you reading the vernier right? happened to me when i first used one :oops:

Why not measure up then take a photo so we can see the problem

It's entirely possible but it is a digital one so I guess there's less margin for error....also I guess the top of the tube may not be 100% round but I did check it in various places...this will have to wait for a week as the bike is here (at work) and my camera is at home and i'm off work next week....thanks for the tips though guys....pictures coming soon-ish :)

Cass":3nt4x14x said:
Off topic, but if your still looking for a 27.0 seatpost I just got a NOS Ringle Moby Deuce from here....

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Bens-Cycle-Sup ... idZ2QQtZkm

Thanks mate....I've got one on the way from someone on here (a Moby), it will do for now (or would have if it was the right size :oops: :oops: ) until I find a nice shiny black Syncros one :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
monsterfatuk":1oe31cfb said:
stupid question i know,but have you zero`d it whilst it`s closed before you measure

yeah, done all that....it'll make more sense when I post some pix in about a week :)

Latest posts

Back