Arundel Loop March 27th

i believe in fixies":38g9b8ej said:
Wu-Tangled":38g9b8ej said:
I'll be riding part of the loop on a cx, so I'm sure a SS, will be fine.

Does that mean you'll be changing bikes as well as socks half way round?

:LOL: no, it means I'm trumpeting off half way round on the road. :LOL:

Hello Hello.

This is my first post!

I'm up for this ride as i've just dusted off and partially restored my 96 Orange P7..

I've not been riding off-road for about 10 years, but am reasonably fit having run the Great South Run in October, and cycled on-road around the same time for 21 miles, so i'm sure i'll be ok at a reasonable pace.

What i'm not too sure about is whether my Pace MXC's will be up for it having not been greased or serviced since 96! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I also need to get some new toe clips as one of them has split, or take the plunge and get some SPD's, although this ride is not the place to lean falling off! :D

Oh and i need a new helmet

Apart from all of this i'm game...

Hopefully you guys will help me if something unexpected breaks???

Welcome Danno,

If you're reasonably fast you'll be quicker than the rest and as for anything breaking it wouldn't be a Retrobike ride without some splendid bodgery getting some ancient bit of mountainbike working well enough to make it to the end of the ride.

i believe in fixies":bmw1grx9 said:
Welcome Danno,

If you're reasonably fast you'll be quicker than the rest and as for anything breaking it wouldn't be a Retrobike ride without some splendid bodgery getting some ancient bit of mountainbike working well enough to make it to the end of the ride.

When I say reasonable pace I mean reasonably slow!! haha Haven't riden for 10 years proper! ..and i'm now fatter and 35 :LOL:

Reassuring to know we have "bodgers" on the ride to fix things.

What should i bring tool/spare wise...?

Also advice re my Pace forks and whether they'll be ok for the ride would be appreciated..

ta

Danno":2ef8ai1j said:
Also advice re my Pace forks and whether they'll be ok for the ride would be appreciated..
Get in touch with justbackdated on this website (AKA Tim). He used to work for Pace and now has a company called Fork English servicing/restoring all early Pace forks. Everybody who has used his service speaks extremely highly of him. He won't be able to service it in the time available obviously, but I'm sure he could give you good advice.

Danno":219equst said:
...and i'm now fatter and 35 :LOL:

Me too!

Pace forks are pretty tough, even it they don't give you the smoothest suspension they should get you round. I'll be riding rigid, as will a few others I imagine, so you'll be fine. :D

bryan555":1z0jseg4 said:
Danno":1z0jseg4 said:
...and i'm now fatter and 35 :LOL:

Me too!

Pace forks are pretty tough, even it they don't give you the smoothest suspension they should get you round. I'll be riding rigid, as will a few others I imagine, so you'll be fine. :D

Cool! I'm trying to source a good helmet now!!! So I'm going to fill this weekend with trawling through bike shops, and the Internet, cause theres no way I'm wearing my retro gyro!!!!!!

Well i'm defo having retro issues My Kona kil i'm not a fan of taking off road, My Kona Kula and Marin need a few too many tweeks here and there! My Cannondale project looks like its going to be a little bit longer than i thought, So the nearest thing i have to retro is my Klein.... Ahhh disc brakes :)

Anthony, i don't see your name on the list, you not joining us?

Back