MOTOR CHAT

Fantastic stuff there.

How about a BMW Turbo Diesel as a power unit? Very economical and serious grunt? Got to be a few write offs around after this winter!

Bullpup":1vq4tyym said:
Fantastic stuff there.

How about a BMW Turbo Diesel as a power unit? Very economical and serious grunt? Got to be a few write offs around after this winter!

Would be different anyway :) , guy round my way has a Talbot Sunbeam with a Volvo T5 motor in it, it's a bit nippy apparently :)

Got the bias pedal box together yesterday, fitted new master cylinders and drilled some holes in the main body, drilled out the pedals ages ago (i like drilling stuff :LOL: )

Fabricated a new steering column support bracket, nicer than the sheet metal one that was there, also started welding up the redundant holes in the bulkhead, all wires, pipes etc will be fed through the redundant fuse box hole keeping the engine bay neat.

Inner steering column shaft is at the engineers for shortening to get the wheel at a comfortable distance and to reduce the operating angle of the intermediate shaft, i've shortened the outer tube already but would'nt trust my bird poo welding for the inner shaft :)

pedalbox2.jpg

Also bought this sexy vertical hydraulic handbrake :cool:, will be mounted angled as shown, these are not strictly road legal, will need a friendly MOT tester.

handbrake.jpg

jimihendrix":15k4il2q said:
Also bought this sexy vertical hydraulic handbrake :cool:, will be mounted angled as shown, these are not strictly road legal, will need a friendly MOT tester.

Can that be configured with adjustable bias and connected to the front brakes as well - you can then use it for everything from handbrake turns to burn outs!!

Anyone interested in a load of Practical Classic magazines?.

K the plan was as soon as Ive got my transport sorted out I was gonna hit Arron via your gaff I could pick up then if their not in your way :?

Back