Lightest bike tyre under £20 now under £30

DSC05930.jpg

Not sure what others are out there :D

WD :D

On One are selling Schwalbe Rocket Ron Evo and Performance tyres for less than £20. They're light, not sure if they're lighter than those Kendas.

I used the Kendas at a race a while ago.

Did a lap in the dry, very fast.... Track got slightly damp in a small shower and it was like riding on ice. I'm not joking when I say that at one point, my bike turned a full 180 degrees on a downhill and I was facing up the hill with other riders barelling towards me. To this day I have no idea how I stayed on or how the riders behind me managed to miss me.

If you ever ride in anything other than bone dry conditions... forget it.

Ok having read a few reviews it would seem there light and great in the dry summer but not much use at other times, so what else is out there I might still get a set though and pop them on the Rigid Scott thats only allowed out in the dry.

Yeah I read the reviews on mtbr before I bought and pretty much came to the same conclusion as the above - a fast tyre for dry / hardpack :D I thought about where and when the bike will be used, considered that I have six tarmac miles to get me to good off road and came to the conclusion they were probably quite well suited for me :D

Don't believe the weights on the sidewall though :-( surprisingly, they are actually lighter :shock: :

WD Pro":1czetrqo said:
Kenda Klimax Lite 345 (New / 1.95) = 323.7g & 325.4g :D

Those wheels are set up tubeless so as a set they are pretty damn light :cool:

They claim 1.95" but seem a bit thinner than quoted.

If I was after something a bit more grippy I would be looking at the 1.8 rocket Ron evos - just not found any cheap yet :-( shout up if you do :cool: ;-)

I think I paid £30 (maybe £35 posted) for the pair of Kenda's, I can check when I am back in work if you like ?

Yes, that's the cheapest I had found them to :cool: but I was hoping for cheaper :oops: :LOL:

For info for the OP - I found a paper copy of the invoice for the kenda's. £33.95 for the pair, £3.99 of that was postage. They came from All Terrain cycles :D

Back