1999 Raleigh RSP Catalogue

The Raleigh files

I see the article mentions Andy Gordon. I was at the race where he broke through. A nice chap who seemed to get some bad advice about the amount of training he shold do.

dyna-ti":24uyvitm said:
I'd give my spare kidney for those forks[isn't that why you have two :D ]
God only knows where you'd find one these days :?
I have a perfect pair.
I fitted a pair of team SID's so I took them of my Torus XT Frame some time ago. The X-Lite forks have new bearings. They are Timken taper bearings and far better than the normal headset bearings.
I also have the x-Lite detailed diagrams and could scan them if you are interested. They are a very technical bit of kit and you should follow the instructions to fit but its easy. I live on the Wirral. Do you know what the warranty is on the Torus frame. mine has developed a crack round the seat tube. I found them fantastic on technical off-road and any type of road. far better than the team-SID apart from very fast rocky descents. let me know if you are interested.

In buying them :LOL:
Yes indeedy
But i cant see any reason why your frame cant be repaired :? ,that stuff on the end of the tubes is called 'weld'
There is no reason in the world that re welded ti would fail.Its like saying the welding nowadays is of lesser quality and or strength.
Find a company the specializes in welding tubing,they will have the kit and experience needed,and if its a small weld/repair i cant really see it costing the earth :?
As to any warranty,llifetime or otherwise.I not sure Raleigh would be in any position to warranty the frame.
Sorry i dont know how long the torus had in warranty :oops:

In my experience in the trade, if you the frame owner has the original sale receipt, it may be that the frame had a lifetime warranty, in which case Raleigh would supply the equivalent frame as a replacement. Somehow I fear you wouldnt want it, what with Special Pruducts division being shut down 15years ago?

I know someone that had a GT Xizang welded a few years back, but it cracked again.

I asked at the deale I bought the TORUS XT from if he would send it back last year when it broke he refused. I was in a different shop later in the year and as he was a Raleigh dealer and a cyclist! Deeside Cycles - Connas Quay-North Wales) he said he would send it back. Raleigh sent it back to the original dealer ( sic) with a note saying "out of warranty". Well I bought it in 1994 so if the warranty was 15 years ( I had the receipt) it was in warranty when I asked at the origjnal dealer but not by the time it had gone round the houses. SAD...

Attachments

• TORUS XT frame failure.jpg
    TORUS XT frame failure.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 6,215
MBUK

I remember reading that article! I have tonnes of MBUK's stored at my parent house! If i ever get a chance i'll scan some on here. Got loads of bike catalogues for various manufacturers collected through the years. :LOL:

Get a list of the catalogues up so we can fill in any gaps in the archive section, saves scanning ones in that are already available. Catalogues are always short as they always got thrown, I know I threw away a pile a few years before joining RB :roll:
Luckily kept the magazines though.

MBUK

will do!
Next time I'm down at my parents house i'll dig them all out and see what i have?

Era wise it'll be from 1990- 1995 with some other random years on top of that.

Manufacturers that spring to mind:
Peugeot
Raleigh
Giant
Emmelle
Diamond Back
Cannondale
Specialized
Marin
Trek
Klein

MBUK's will be from 1990ish to 1994/95 I'd reckon? I'll have all the Mint Sauce Calendars and posters that were produced as well.

Cheers

Greig.
:cool:

I'm after a bit of information about the 1993 Raleigh mountain bikes range. In particular the K2 bikes and even more specifically the Raleigh Apex.

It looks like the bike below, but for the sake of nostalgia, I'd really like to see the catalogue again if possible.

main.php

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back