Its too cold in the garage

jez-2-many-bikes":1me36t99 said:
Well for 12 minutes work at 11pm last night you cant expect diamond finish protection... :D

i spent f'kin ages prepping those judys, paint stripped, sanded, base coat, sand back, etc etc
local car garage paint shop gets my work now. that paint is miles tougher :) ... tho if its just for cosmetics then bring on the rattle can :)

jez, just seen your signature, i've got 110mm BCD middle rings forsale :)

Yup...............I've always resorted to a bit of Fairy in the sink for mucky bits...............no reason to think the washer wouldn't work for tyres.

Just make sure Herself is out for the day..........'they' just can't see the logic of Domestic appliances vis a vis Bike Shiny-ness.

And in this vein, I had a thought...........can we elect Barry Scott (Cillit Bang Supremo), as an Honorary Member?..........

Re: jez, i really hope you didnt get any hairs in the paint?

slimjoe":vx1yoxzf said:
jez-2-many-bikes":vx1yoxzf said:
Hey Kev

Yeh I suspected about cold and spraying - BUT

This paint is awesome. You should see the quick job I did last night - I have a NEW looking Syncros seatpin on the Salsa, Grafton washers, Suntour thumbie mounts etc. This paint is great - it settles and there's no unwanted texture, hairs etc. Not bad for a 10 minute job.

Dried in about an hour too.

I might do the FrankenFork legs in it too as it seems more resilient than car paint etc.

Hey Jez, i hope you didnt get any stray hairs in that lovely finish :D

Very amusing Joe ;) I said you'd be laughing about it.....

Steve

Re: It' too cold

FairfaxPat":1n7nmjrf said:
Hey guys, it was a pleasant 72 degrees out on the trails in my neighborhood yesterday.

Yeah but wildfires here are thankfully rare. We just worry about floods. ;) Besides, without the unique british weather we wouldn't have our unique sense of humour. I know, it was 36f when I got back today from my ride, and raining. We don't even get the fun of snow! :LOL:

Back