Whinlatter Mountain Bike Challenge 20/03/2011

Just got my final instructions through:

THE COURSE
* The full enduro is TWO laps of approximately 17miles for lap 1 and 14 miles for lap 2 around the whole of Whinlatter. The course DOES include steep and sometimes rocky descents. Most climbs are on fireroad. The half enduro is 1 lap of 17 miles. Switching courses once the event has started will not be permitted.

* The course will be fully marshalled.

* St Johns Ambulance will be on stand by for the Event Only.

* The Challenge is for personal achievement and is demanding so please ride only within your capabilities.

* Areas on the course requiring particular attention or care are clearly marked.

* If you retire from the event before the end please hand in your number to organisers at the finish line

My thoughts exactly Kev!

What time are people planning on getting there? I was hoping to leave it late, but with over 500 entrants it'll be packed. So was thinking 08:30?

I hadn't even thought about it to be honest.

Couple of hours drive for me with pickups, so not too early!

What time do we need to be signed on for? Just checked mail, it doesn't say, But I'm guessing we'll aim for between 9 and 9-30 to be signed on by 10 and at the briefing for 10:15.

I don't think the main car will take more than a couple of hundred cars, although there's a few smaller car parks along the way to the main centre. Think I'll try and get there before 9, get signed on etc and get a couple of miles in on the turbo before kick off.

I used to laugh and point at riders who warmed up on turbo trainers back in the day.
Mind you I was normally a mid-field finisher, so maybe I should have taken things more seriously.

Good luck to everyone though. :)

Need to shrug off this cold, I dont think I'll be adding to my medal/trophy collection this weekend....

Back