sram/shimano compatibility

dirtydozen

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
will the 2 work together,thinking of putting my xt rapid rise on my giant in place of my x9 but keeping the x9 shifter
will it work

thought so,shimanos 2.1 aint it and sram 1.1?
Just cant seem to get the x9 set right at all, might just take it to lbs and ask him to sort it coz its stressing me out :cry:

the first cog, its just slipping on to the 2nd one no matter how much i play around with the adjuster screw. I have even basically taken the screw out and its still skipping up. I wanted to have a blast on the bike so i have resorted to screwing the adjuster in so its sat on the 2nd cog when the shifters in first. This has made it work as such but is still skipping a little through the gears and obviously jumps over the top of the cassette in top gear

dirtydozen":2z3z4y62 said:
the first cog, its just slipping on to the 2nd one no matter how much i play around with the adjuster screw. I have even basically taken the screw out and its still skipping up. I wanted to have a blast on the bike so i have resorted to screwing the adjuster in so its sat on the 2nd cog when the shifters in first. This has made it work as such but is still skipping a little through the gears and obviously jumps over the top of the cassette in top gear

Take the gear cable and the chain off. Make sure the back wheel is in and seated correctly. Align the rear mech by eye by moving it from the first cog to the last cog and use the limit screws to line it up.

Grease the rear mech cable and make sure it travels smoothly through the outers and that there are no kinks. Reconnect the gear cable to the mech, dont touch any adjustment barrels and make sure the mech goes through the shifts from top to bottom/ bottom to top. Make sure the jockey wheel bolts are tight and then put the chain back on.

Check chain for stiff / bent links too.

did you try the above with the chain off?

it sounds like you are not using the reach adjustment screws correctly

best take it to the LBS.

didnt try with chain off no. By reach screws do u mean the high and low screws? Def not adjusting them wrong unless they adjust dif to shimano? Even with the screw out and cable off it is stil tryin to jump off the bottom cog. What dif wil it make with the chain off btw

dirtydozen":1s19mfoj said:
didnt try with chain off no. By reach screws do u mean the high and low screws? Def not adjusting them wrong unless they adjust dif to shimano? Even with the screw out and cable off it is stil tryin to jump off the bottom cog. What dif wil it make with the chain off btw

best take it to a shop.

Back