East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

pedro

pedro I think it is a few pages back in this thread I am hopeless at it stuff so cant help but can say these are a great bunch of guys and if you came you would enjoy yourself and be made most welcome.

On the subject of tonights ride tho my fellow midlanders....I now remember it is woodhouse eaves ..presumably then Beacon Hill Country park..but which carpark ?
upper carpark on beacon road LE12 8SP.....OR
lower carpark on Breakback lane LE12 8TA ???

The car park is half way up the mainstreet on the left. NOT either of the countrypark carparks which demand money and are too far from the pub.

rc200ti":v6qg2964 said:
I'll post up a meeting point later this week. We used a carpark in the centre of Church Stretton last time, £3.00 for the day as I recall.

Cheers Rob,
Think I know the one you mean... Looking like a cracking day out, looking forward to it muchly - just hope I can get back on the saddle so soon after Whinlatter! :oops: :LOL:

retro ride

picked up a 1993 pine mountain tonight
what is it about fellow bikers ??
I could have spent all night chatting to the bloke what a great guy I think his love lied squarely with a rather nice colnago carbon roadbike tho ...cant understand it meself nothing beats a face full of mud and the agony of a climb for the reward of a scant few seconds of dreamy descent.
Its a nice bike i will service it and embrace the spirit of non suspension
put the Dale in the shed and live a little. :D

Had a great ride at the Pines last night. It's dry and swoopy at the moment but a little bit scary in the mist!

If people are up for a night ride there then I'm happy to organise somthing. We talked about a Friday evening...any takers?

How about a Pines ride next Tuesday Mat ? But please make it gentle 'cos we have Long Mynd on Thursday and a quick recovery is no longer an option for some of us (well me actually).

Back