GT Zaskar Carbon 4X - STOLEN

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Well, it's always worth another post on here, just in case anyone has seen it, or been offered parts from it.

This is my Zaskar Carbon Team Issue. I bought it from Dave Wardell and it's a one-off 4x version. It was nicked from me last Autumn.

The bike was stolen from Worcester, so may still be around the Worcester/Birmingham area

I replaced the forks that were on it with the RC40 XCAMs in the picture.

- Wheels are Team Green Hope Pro 3s laced to DT XR4.2 rims
- Brakes are Team Green Hope Tech X2s
- Shifter & Mech is SRAM X0
- Seatpost is Easton EC70
- Bars are Easton CNT DH
- Crankset is Truvativ Holzfeller
- Chain Device is MRP G2 Slalom

There is no serial number on the frame. There is a blank plate on the outside of the rear dropout where it normally would be. Decals on seatstays say "Team Issue Carbon Full Carbon Monocoque".

There is also a crack in the lacquer on the underside of the non-drive side seatstay/dropout junction. I peeled a bit of paint off to see if it was a crack in the frame (which, thankfully, it wasn't). So it has a couple of distinguishing marks.

I know it's the longest of longshots, but if anyone has seen or been offered this bike, then please let me know :)

Thanks
IMGP1574.jpg

Very sad I hope you get it back.

Whilst on the topic the West midlands is a hotspot for quality bike thefts with Birmingham and Cheltenham being near the top I believe

cyfa2809":x0asmm3k said:
wouldve thought with such a rare frame? it wouldve been found easy

:cry:

Unfortunately, the police officers that dealt with it treated it just like any other bike theft ie. They went through the motions, filled in some forms and then filed it in the 'can't be arsed' pile. This was regardless of the fact that there was a cctv camera on the road outside my block of apartments, and the fact that I was 99 percent certain I knew who took it and provided them with the details of the van that I thought had been used, complete with company logo on the side so it could quite easily have been traced.

I know not all police officers are a slack-arsed as this, but as you can tell it wound me up slightly knowing that they couldn't even be bothered to do a bit of basic detective work and following up. Grrrrr...

yeah when mine was stolen, i had to do all the searching etc.
my mum eventually spotted it in a cash converters
(apparantly they bought it (or were selling it) for £100! :evil: )

the only time that they helped was to tell cash converters to give it back
they found a bloke who they suspected who went to court i think but noting came of it! :evil:
supposedly the bloke that sold it to them got it off a friend :evil:

it all happened within 2 or 3 days if i remember right

have you pestered them? maybe they will take action then?
but it can often be a needle in a haystack
(although yours is a very shiny needle!)
not sure what the hell else you can do when the police do nothing :roll:

Back