The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
elPedro666":7xre3aev said:
Groping in the dark a little bit, but I would've thought even a modernish DeKerf must be worth £350, maybe a little more? :cool:

Cheers buddy, I think that's around what he thought. Anyone got any other ideas?

brocklanders023":1dx3o29j said:
elPedro666":1dx3o29j said:
Groping in the dark a little bit, but I would've thought even a modernish DeKerf must be worth £350, maybe a little more? :cool:

Cheers buddy, I think that's around what he thought. Anyone got any other ideas?

About £300-£350 depending on condition. A really nice one was sold on here for £250 recently. And I bloody missed it :evil:

This is my recently purchased GT Zaskar (well it probably is a Zaskar).
Unfortunately it was worse for wear.
Positives:
Straight, no dents, early model (1991 maybe?) threads good. U brake mounts. All cable guides intact, guide on BB ok.
Negatives:
Lots of scratches and burrs. Most will sand or polish out I reckon
Mech hanger has snapped off. A bolt on one could be used, it could be a SS or in the thread below a method of milling the frame to accept a standard GT replaceable hanger is described.
Also frame number has been ground off on inside of dropout so possibly stolen a long time ago.

I will strip it of all its components and give it a reasonable clean up. This will present it with an "honest" look to see it's condition rather than sanding the smeg out of it to hide and imperfections.

For pictures and the discussion about it go to:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140728

So what do you think?

Few poor condition zaskars, with dents, went for about £50 last year on here. Given that a conversion to take gears is going to cost a bit, I'd say that the value is only going to be about £35-40 for it.

Only my guesstimate though sure others will say what they think :cool:

Marin Eldridge Grade 1997 - hardly used

Hi All.

I have a 1997 Marin Eldridge Grade that I've had from new but has hardly been ridden (less that 10 times). It was my wife's but we got it just before my eldest son was born and since then has only been ridden a few times.

I'm just wondering what it could be worth (with a view to selling it) as it's now taking up valuable room in the garage. It's a 17.5" frame from memory. All the parts are original apart from having a replacement seat (in 199:cool: and some new pedals. I most likely have the original pedals if that is important.

Picture attached (apologies for the surrounding mess!)

Cheers.

Sticky.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,799
In that condition I'd say £150 ish. As always offer postage and you'd get a higher price (considerably) then local pick up only.

Nice bike.

The real money in marins tends to be the early steels, titaniums and top end of the range so if it goes on ebay it will vary from about £100-£150

agreed with sticky that offering posting will give more bidders or saying you will box it if they arrange thier own courier

not sure on the year but with later brakes I would say late end on the 90's?

if your after info to help with the sale I am sure someone more on the ball will pop along to help with identification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back