Bargain Ebay bike lights

Scougar":2soma9u1 said:
1) Can someone take FULLY take apart there torch and get some pictures up please?
2) Does anyone know the ampage of the original LED in these?
3) Does anyone know exactly what LED model these are?

Pics of the body, reflector, LED, switch an' everything??

I've just dismantled one of mine as far as is possible, there are no markings bar the numbers 2396 on the bottom of the LED 'carrier'.. even prised the LED board out of the aluminium bit to see if there were any details.. and there's not..

Could be worth investing some Google time, find who makes them and ask about the LED spec...

If possible :) BTW, is any thermal paste used on these torches?

I'll try and do some digging on that LED then :)

When mine eventually turns up, I'll be prising the board out and replacing the circuit board with the one I mentioned before, and as long as it doesn't take forever to come... replacing the LED with an XR-E R2 :) Should be pretty damn bright, and make that 4000mah worth it :)

Will need to look into which two wires on a USB cable carry the power and earth next.

I took a load of pics, will do some cropping and if they are still viewable I'll post them up tomorrow..

No thermal paste anywhere..

Y'know.. you're going to a heck of a lot of effort when R2 torches are available for not much dollar
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CREE-R2-Q2-LED-15 ... 2311wt_909

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
lol I know. Kinda snow balled. Already spent over magicshine level lol. I mainly wanted better capacity but then just started doing it for a fun.
Will check pics at work :)

Looked at that ebay link. The problem is that the capacity on items like the XR-E R2 torches still suck. I don't want a long bodied torch, but they don't seem to do a triple AA torch, or one with a decent capacity Li-on, and I don't have a li-on charger anyway. It all would have added up just to support those torches, and I won't feel as bad modifiying a cheap torch lol.

What I already had to hand was a ni-mh charger for AAA and AA. I will still make up my 3X or 4X AA battery pack, as i want to experiment, and I may end up selling the li-poly packs (Which are actually nice, as they actually have the charger built into them and have a hard plastic casing).

Scougar":372oxyu0 said:
I mainly wanted better capacity but then just started doing it for a fun..

My downfall on so many occasions :LOL:

I started LED modding my own car interiors in the early 90's.. a few people found out, asked me to do stuff for theirs and, before you know it, I'm buying LED's 5,000 at a time direct from the Far East manufacturer :LOL:

Just trying to email the pics from my phone to the pc... will try to get them up (if they're any good) asap... otherwise I'll have to find where the kids have put the camera :evil:

I bought a couple of the red ones , they seem really bright and good in flashing mode too. Ha even got abuse shouted at me by a local chav on how I shouldnt have it flashing it may cause some one to fit !
Well dont bloody look at it was my reply ..(edited) :p

Someone with photo epilepsy is not allowed to drive, so it won't be a problem. I understand what they are saying about the flashing though, but the chancers of someone seeing me clearer and not knocking me off, vs someone having a fit are so remote that it isn't worth worrying about.

Still waiting for mine to turn up grr....

Surely they don't flash fast enough for that??

Or is my understanding of the condition off kilter :?

Anyhoo.. (not THAT good) pics..

Switch back and front

DSC_0008-8.jpg

DSC_0009-7.jpg

Which screws on to

Body

DSC_0004-13.jpg

DSC_0003-13.jpg

Which holds batteries (3 x AAA)

DSC_0011-6.jpg

LED unit (screws into body)

DSC_0002-15.jpg

Reflector holder type thing screws on next

DSC_0006-12.jpg

DSC_0005-14.jpg

Then reflector

DSC_0007-7.jpg

And the glass (plastic) with nice ano ring

DSC_0010-7.jpg

Macro mode was faffing about on my phone so I had to take them from a foot away in mahoosive size and crop them afterwards.. :roll:

I will see if I can route out the camera if you need better ones...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back