Marin 1990 Bear Valley Rebuild - FINISHED !!! PAGE 38 !!!

I just read through the entire 20 pages. :shock: What a build! I can't wait to see this bike complete. Amazing workmanship! I love the delugging and wish I had seen this thread before I painted my GT. Might have to do a respray soon. ;)

This picture makes me fear for your sanity a little:

DSC05951.jpg

;)

I looked at the pile of bits in the degreaser and couldn't resist :LOL:

WD :D

ps : The gf agrees with you ... ;-)

Hmm. One screw is laid vertically and all the others are horizontal. ?? What's happening ?? Hope your standards arent slipping ! ;)

Never knew there were so many bits in one mech :shock:

:LOL: :LOL:

Think about the orientation it is in when it is fitted to the mech ;)

I am surprised no one has spotted / mentioned the big bolt stuck out of the back of the mech yet – As the H / L screws are removed, its to stop the spring pulling the mech far enough forward to cause the right hand side of the front plate contacting the ally housing and marking the finish :D (I don’t know if it would go that far but didn’t want to find out … :LOL:)

Thanks to Marin Man I located the last black Ringle skewer I was looking for the seat clamp :D This will be polished up to match the wheels skewers, they were sourced off here from Stylus in Holland :cool:

I only needed one but the other (with some new stainless threaded bar and O rings) will now allow me to make up another complete bike set :D The front one will be the donor lever for the Marin :

DSC06027.jpg

It seems to be a bit of a mixed set with odd springs (pretty sure two are non original) and different axle designs etc. I suspect the longer axle to be Ti, it ‘feels’ lighter than the front and has rolled threads rather than the fully threaded type like mine and dads original sets - I will find out for sure when I strip them down :D

WD Pro":cpa50alg said:
It might actually be finished for spring :cool: (maybe summer :LOL:)

Ahh but what year!

Slowly slowly but probably the mos in depth and comprehensive build thread ever. :)

rrrrwwwwww..... i keep hoping for a pic of a complete bike, instead your posting pics of tinkering with components....

grrrrwwww...

[image removed by Mod]

Back