drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
NWA: Hayfield in the High Peak, Derbyshire ~ Saturday 26th March 2011

Hayfield-Recce-03.jpg

:: Date: Saturday 26th March 2011
:: Distance/time: 15 Miles with shortcut options/approx 4-5 hrs including stops.
:: Meeting at: 10am. Ride starts at 10:30am. Car Park, just off Station Road, Hayfield. Postcode: SK22 2ES. Grid Ref: SK 035869 (Signed as Sett Valley Trail Car Park)
:: Directions: click here for start location
:: Terrain: 95% off road, mainly well surfaced and rocky, but expect some mud in places. It's hilly around Hayfield with about 2800ft of climbing in total, on drove roads, shooting tracks and some flowing and some technical moorland and woodland singletrack.

Hayfield is a great place to start riding from. It's been a well known mountain biking hot spot for the last 25 years.
Our route will take us up out of the village and onto the exposed and heather clad moors below the Kinder plateau. After holding altitude for a while, we'll descend off the moors and cross the A624 to take in the bridleway along the side of Lantern Pike. A long and quick wooded descent will take us into Birch Vale for a stop at the cafe for refreshments.
Here at the 8.5 mile point, an optional shortcut from Birch Vale will return riders to the start point in around 10 minutes.
But the main route climbs up onto Chinley Churn, for a brilliant high moorland ribbon of singletrack, and a final incredible 2km downhill back down into Hayfield.

Please sign up below.

Hayfield-Recce-01.jpg

A tentative yes from me. I'm not working I know that, just need to know if the wife has anything planned for me.

Pencilled in with a 9b. Train to New Mills. Always up for a walk in the peaks. Best get some new pads for the brakes.

paininthe":2u10atts said:
Pencilled in with a 9b. Train to New Mills. Always up for a walk in the peaks. Best get some new pads for the brakes.

You've just reminded me. I need some for mine this weekend. :roll:

Looks like a good one, I will try and come along to this one, I say try because i'm going to a colleagues leaving do on the Friday.

Sadly I'm going to be in the Midlands at Kiran's little sister's Birthday celebrations all weekend :( I'll try to contain my sadness by burying a lot of ale while surrounded by excited young ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back