Airborne 2000 Lucky Strike DB Rebuild

r.e your wheels, do you know how old they are? Mine have the same rear hub, but the front is different. The flange doesn't look as high & the spoke heads are covered.
Just trying to work out the age of mine. They're the perfect wheel for a ti HT.
Cheers, KJ

I asked the same here : http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 6198a4f484

I can only presume that mine were quite late just before they changed to the slr ? I followed the links and downloaded the manuals for each year. They only seem to update the manuals if something changes i.e. If it's not listed in the manual, go back a year and repeat until you find it.

I can't check (the manuals are on my work pc and I only have phone net access at home) but I don't think I could find my front and rear hubs in the same year :? Front being newer which is what made me think it might have been a change to balance stocks and run out the 'older' model ?

Still looking for stickers for them though ... :-(

I found a seller on eBay with the correct mavic tool to adjust bearing clearance - I can send you the link if you like ? The wording of the manual suggests it's critical for smooth / play free running and long bearing life :D

WD :D

Have been watching this eagerly and pleased there's no green to be seen. Nothing against green-age, this build is just evolving perfectly as it is.

Thanks for the Mavic link. Mine appear to be early SL's, the serial number starts with a 3, so 03 maybe?
Still a sweet wheel set though. I scored all the tools with mine.
I might need new rims soon, yours look brand new compared.

I got a PM questioning the source of the skewers and in checking my records I got mixed up and didn’t actually pay any duty on them (the mech came from the states at the same time and it was that that I paid the duty for).

The UK rrp is £60, CRC price is £55 and the total cost for these was just less than £32 :shock: :cool:

I can only guess that the company I bought them off were sympathetic in how they declared the goods and for that reason I am not going to openly name them on the internet – If you want to know, pm me … ;-)

In the meantime the Alienskin arrived :LOL:

DSC06001.jpg

I know its only frame protection but I had spent a while looking around for something nice quality, clear, thick, precut and logo free etc … :oops: :LOL:

If that was a serious question - about £6 :D

If it wasn’t - $10 from the gift shop at area 51 (with a $2 off discount coupon). I suspect I have been robbed though as its not the same as the real stuff I have at home :? :-(

Latest posts

Back