And today I did......

Tazio":109jklnw said:
Spotted one on e-bay last night fully built. So I got in touch with the seller to ask if he would consider selling it as frame only. He then accused me of trying to rip him off! Cheeky sod.
Linky? Could be worth winding up? :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The Ken":2l7cit8n said:
I guess it is this - does seem an ok deal but I can understand you only wanting the frame, what did you offer to offend him so much?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sunn-Tox-FUJI-Mou ... 3cb5dfd74c

That's the one. I think he was offended because I did a quick calculation on how much he could flog the other parts for and still make a profit. So he thought I was offering too little (I was) and wanted to know why if that easy I didn't just buy the whole bike and sell the parts myself. I think selling all those fixies has made him a bit humourless :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Bit of a hodge podge of parts that one, although looks OK bar the crankset *shudder* and saddle... also missing a headtube badge going by the hole too :(

Can't tell what the wheelset is, but can't imagine he'd get much for the parts when the highest quality item appears to be an STX-RC mech. does look like it's led an easy life though...

I offered him £50 plus post and packaging as it's one of their low end frames. With the expectation that he would haggle a bit. Instead he took the hump and got a bit sarcy. I don't really have any spare bike cash just now so it's no loss really.

The Ken":14hubcd8 said:
I think 80 would have got you it.

Yep, I was thinking of about £75 but thought I'd try a cheeky bid first. I think I'll hang on a while now. He reckons it's too much work stripping the parts off the frame. I asked if he could include the BB, seatpost and headset, that may have been a bit too cheeky :D

But 80 would have been over IMO. I'd search the readers bikes section and post in the threads or pm the owners. Not necessarily asking them to part with their bike but asking if they know of any for sale. Alot of the french guys have them who are active on the french forums.

kaiser":3pluv7yl said:
But 80 would have been over IMO. I'd search the readers bikes section and post in the threads or pm the owners. Not necessarily asking them to part with their bike but asking if they know of any for sale. Alot of the french guys have them who are active on the french forums.

Sound advice. I reckon I'm going to hang off and wait for a nice one. And avoid e-bay after long boozy Sunday dinners :D

was gonna say thats a 35 quid frame
with some cheap shit on it

mate of mine had a revolt bitd bit konaesqe
was okay in a bland way, bit like a kona really

Back