BoTM Mar 2011 'Born in The USA' - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
time for a yellow bike. Mountain Cycle Moho CXS.
frame hand built in San Luis Obispo a few other made/designed in the U.S.A. bits as well(SRP bolts,Fox shock,Manitou forks)

enjoy....

HPIM1196.jpg

HPIM1200.jpg

My choice was down to 2 or 3....until this vision appeared!

1981/2 Cunningham Indian

Don't see how that CAN be bested.

oldave said:

1981/2 Cunningham Indian

Oh, it can if a Kona Cinder Cone appears... :shock:

They seem to be unbeatable....

oldave":1d78oqz6 said:

1981/2 Cunningham Indian

In theory you should be right, but I can see the drop bars and red tyres working against it. Speculating of course but as a drop bar fan and having followed our drop bar thread I can see how opinion is divided. I think those red tyres suck but this is were I find out that CC dyed those personally with his blood as he hand carved the tread.

Lol - it is a crowded club! :p

The tires are Cyclepro Snakebellys and are period correct. Sadly they are BMX cruiser tires which means they are a fortune. I have a yellow set for my Golden Breezer that I will build up one of these days. I think the red works on this bike (and echos the red tires Jacquie Phelan ran on her race Cunningham Otto, which were also snakebellies.)

I thought it would be an easy choice with Kai´s Tinker replica, but with the new bushpigs entry...
Another hard month, that´s great ;)

bushpig":344c5w7q said:
The tires are Cyclepro Snakebellys and are period correct. Sadly they are BMX cruiser tires which means they are a fortune. I have a yellow set for my Golden Breezer that I will build up one of these days. I think the red works on this bike (and echos the red tires Jacquie Phelan ran on her race Cunningham Otto, which were also snakebellies.)

Nice!
Yes, all the red tires from those years would've been bmx cruisers, I imagine, and as such cost a ton now. I picked up a 1983 Fat Chance, and then bought a set of red bmx 26x2.125 from that era, but like the thread pattern on your set better. Thanks

Found a pic of that one:
CompCunningham.jpg

JP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back