And today I did......

been out playin' in the snow - still about 6" here and have a house full of wet shoes/boots (not all mine)

been shopping for lino and toilet roll holders and tiding up all my tools after the bathroom work, still to paint it :( but that is about it. The one lino we liked a few months back is now "discontinued" ...bloody typical.

Today I've decided that as the DeKerf is never going to happen barring a lottery win I'm going to try and find a nice Sunn. It ticks all the boxes for me of being steel, nice looks and available in small sizes. I saw a white one in a bike shop 2nd hand years ago and loved the look of it.

The Ken":21ougz85 said:
been shopping for lino and toilet roll holders and tiding up all my tools after the bathroom work, still to paint it :( but that is about it. The one lino we liked a few months back is now "discontinued" ...bloody typical.

TK how long have you been working on that bathroom? :shock:
When its finished I think you should have all of us round to christian it after we've all had a few beers :LOL:

Tazio":119m9vk3 said:
Today I've decided that as the DeKerf is never going to happen barring a lottery win I'm going to try and find a nice Sunn. It ticks all the boxes for me of being steel, nice looks and available in small sizes. I saw a white one in a bike shop 2nd hand years ago and loved the look of it.

Interested in this one.Its not a company i know a lot about but i do like a good steel frame.
Any pics :)

dyna-ti":2mykl73i said:
Tazio":2mykl73i said:

Interested in this one.Its not a company i know a lot about but i do like a good steel frame.
Any pics :)

No pics, but they look a bit like early Kona frames. Some nice touches like a lot of them are chromed and instead of normal decals they have plastic sleeves. Very highly regarded in France where they are made. Fast looking bikes if you know what I mean by that.

Sunn's are tres chic! Jimi had one and I've always liked the look myself, theres a ti one in readers bikes just now thats rather smart :cool:

I've got a sunn too and I love it, very repsonsive and far and away the fastest climber i've ever had. At 80mm I run a bit more travel than they were designed for but it works for me. Just be careful with getting an early one, they came with 1in steerers which really limits your build options.

I also have a labour of love, one of their early-ish steel full-suss frames that I'm not far off amassing all the parts for...

Spotted one on e-bay last night fully built. So I got in touch with the seller to ask if he would consider selling it as frame only. He then accused me of trying to rip him off! Cheeky sod.

Back