Whinlatter Mountain Bike Challenge 20/03/2011

Thats my last big session done. 20 miles on a random hill programme. Level 12-14. 60 mins plus 5 mins warmdown. Job done :)

IMG_0092.jpg

9961 feet climbed, which is twice up Ben Nevis.

That says feet, not meters... :p

I fear that we're approaching the weekend with very different agendas; my greatest concern - and you may be able to help - is whether we're doing a single 30mile lap, or two fifteens?

Because if it's two fifteens I can get a burger mid-way & refill my bottles, happy daze! :D :cool:

Quickly edited! ;)

I believe it'll be a 15 mile lap, with me and 74 other mice dropping out after one lap. There's a feed station, but not sure if burgers will be handed out, lol. Sure they'll have water on the station. If I was doing the 30 miles I'd carry two bottles, one with water in and the other with energy drink in. Then have a good stash of energy gel too.

I've got the intention of rocking up and hammering it and seeing what happens. Looking forward to getting it out of the way tbh, be nice to do a gentle ride again!

My agenda will be very much ride steady and complete it. Really not bothered if it takes all day, just using it as a build up ride for HoNC. Should be fun though Whinlatter is a rough place on a rigid bike.

Might see if I can hang on your wheel for a while then Mark...

My last build up ride (tomorrow) just got canceled in favour of a 0430 alarm & work, just at the same moment the sun came out... :x Might actually have to use that turbo! :shock:

Was planning to cheat & take the Sanderson - figure the distance is challenge enough without a battering to go with it - but the rebuild's been delayed so I might end up rigid too...

Good effort riding it rigid. My quickest laps of Whinlatter have been dine on a xc hardtail. Some of the loose bits of the trail will give you forearms like popeye. Will you be riding the ti-mega?

EarlofBarnet":2ctu150i said:
Good effort riding it rigid. My quickest laps of Whinlatter have been dine on a xc hardtail. Some of the loose bits of the trail will give you forearms like popeye. Will you be riding the ti-mega?
Thinking it will be the ti-mega, though i've only got the Dyna-Tech and cro-mega SS built up at this moment. I'd of loved to have used the Dyna-Tech really, but seeing as DSP broke his around there last year i'll avoid using it at all costs.

elPedro666":2jypr16a said:
Might see if I can hang on your wheel for a while then Mark...
Do it Pete, first lap everyone will be tripping over each other anyway. Will be half way around the first lap before anyone but the leaders gets any flow going.

Sounds like a plan, bit of Mayhem team building ;) No worries if I can't hang on anyway, wouldn't expect you to hold back :) Keep wanting an RB race shirt but holding out as hopefully I'll need a size smaller by the Summer!

Earl, expect to find you at the finish/half way cheering us through :cool:

Feel quite giddy - not raced in well over ten years... :oops:

Cheering?! Passing out maybe! Haha. Will definitely have to keep an eye out for you both. Think Nick C said he'd be coming along for support too.

Back