Mag21 Rebuild & Long Travel Kits

Rock Shox would have used an off the shelf component for the bushings and seals, does anyone have an old fork to strip down or a kit they could send me, i promise i'd send them back, and i could probably track down the offending items.

ATB

John

PS, a long travel kit to borrow would be cool so i could copy the travel upgrade piece as well.

B3":18xfb79b said:
Rock Shox would have used an off the shelf component for the bushings and seals, does anyone have an old fork to strip down or a kit they could send me, i promise i'd send them back, and i could probably track down the offending items.

ATB

John

PS, a long travel kit to borrow would be cool so i could copy the travel upgrade piece as well.

I have two sets and only plan to use one so could send one to you (probably the SL/Ti's).

The seal puller is a two part sleave that slide over the stanchion/leg and is then clamped before being unwound using headset spanners to force the leg off the stanchion. It's decribed on page 4 of this document:

http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/Bikekataloge ... /mag21.pdf

right , heres what you get in a RS 93 - 97 mag 10/21 long travel kit

and from what i remember , the silver bushings are about 12mm shorter than the standard ones

Attachments

• Picture 099 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 099 (Medium).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 705
and heres the rebuild kit .............

which includes as a bonus , bushes for a mag 20

Attachments

• 99_1_b (Medium).jpg
    99_1_b (Medium).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 697
dee eight , who`s site it is , says you can actually cut them down to prctically nothing , depending on how brave you are :D

Back