DT swiss.. Hugi Disc wheel help..

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Hi guys,

Wondered if anyone can help me.

Recently purchased a set of DT swiss/Hugi Disc wheels , fantastic wheels however when I came to fitting a disc rotor onto the hubs they wont seat properly on the disc mount part of the hub..

On the front due to the conical shape a iso rotor wont fit over.. ?

IMGP4036.jpg

IMGP4037.jpg

As you can see when I offer the rotor up to the hub the tabs on the disc wont allow it to sit onto the hub,, I've tried hope disc rotors and Ashima ones and they are both the same.. the previous owner has said they ran Avid rotors without a problem, anyone got a pic of a avid rotors tabs.. ?

Same applies to the rear..

IMGP4040.jpg

IMGP4043.jpg

IMGP4042.jpg

I've just order these in order hopefully to try and space the rotor out from the hub, but not sure if this is the right solution..

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=3288

I know that the tabs could possibly be filed down to fit ,, however I only want to use this as a last resort..

Any one shed any light on this or know the answers.. ?

Many thanks

I wouldn't try and space the disc further out Si, might give you issues setting up the brake (plus the disc might end up hitting the frame). I'd file a bit off the bottom of the tabs on the disc.

Fairly sure I have a spare Avid disc I can send you to try if you think it'll help?

Yea I did think and have just had a quick look this morning and I'm not sure by spacing the rotors out will cause any issue with the caliper... I think it would be damm close.. :(

I really dont want to have to file off part of the tabs on the disc not only because I should not have too ,, but also I'm slightly worried that once removing the require material from the rotor , if in fact it would then be safe and more importantly , if I'd feel safe putting my trust in them.. :?

I know its only roughly matbe 1-2mm I might need to file,, but there's not much meat on the tabs to start with..

I dunno real strange one,,, I've asked the seller if he knew what model of hub they were and , unfortunately he did'nt..

So Ideally it would be nice if someone on here could Identify the model of the hub.. (Wu... do you know.. ? )

Once I've got the model number , maybe then I could drop DT a email asking if there is any special adaptors needed,, or if they are only compatible with certain rotors,,

Bit annoyed there as I've just bought two brand new Ashima rotors and really wanna use these ...

Help..!!! :LOL:

The Avid rotor you've got fella, , I'd really appreciate if you'd zip it over for me to try at least, as it seems a little silly buying a avid rotor to try...

I'll sort the postage costs out no problem fella.. ;) drop us a pm if you would chap.. ;)

Another question is :

I had a quick look but came up zilch... I wondered if there was a website with all the id and od specs on different manufactures rotors.. ? .. ?

Chris.. ,

Cheers,, I was planning on waiting for them to rock up from crc and try them at least... ;)

31677.jpg

they do look like they have a bit more clearance. has the chap you bought them off got the rotors still? may be worth asking him to swap for the ones you have.

if you have another disc hub , measure it and compare the width .

I am sure I have read somewhere that some hubs need a spacer ( otherwise CRC would not sell them ) .

and I hope you did not pay with your c/card on CRC they seem to have a major fraud issue .

jamabikes I did ask the seller , unfortunately he had bought these off a third party so he did not have the rotors that were fitted,, but he said he had asked and the original seller said he ran BB7's

I would not swap Ashima for Avids anyway.. ;)

Chris..

The only other disc hubs I have are a set of CK's and they are totally different :(

I did think that about the spacers that they must be made for some reason,,, but I'm concerned that I may need to re-face the disc mounts on the thread to allow to centre the caliper over the rotor,,, obviously I wont know for sure until the spacers come..

Nope used PP fella.. but thanks.. ;)

Do you mean the actual disc rotor carrier on the hub.. ? if so I've not measured that ...

I'm using some Mitutoyo digital calipers.. ;)

Back