And today I did......

They've got proper mechanics in there who should know their stuff and thus should seperate the good stuff out from the chaff and ebay it. If they dont and you spot it then buy it and sell it on. Afterall they're already getting the kit for nothing and punting it back out without guarantee for cash so they're not losing out. They've also put their prices up with a organised system of charges so although still great for bargains they're not suffering financially.

agree with velo they still get their money- I was there a while ago and should have bought a couple of alpinestar stems to then punt on but in the end didn't :?

what you using the suntour mech on velo- these date from very early eighties do they not?

I have not decided, maybe put it on something late 80's such as my MF Alu Pro. I cant see myself getting any early 80's mtb gates within my price limit :roll:

clockworkgazz":9emv2r98 said:
agree with velo they still get their money- I was there a while ago and should have bought a couple of alpinestar stems to then punt on but in the end didn't :?

what you using the suntour mech on velo- these date from very early eighties do they not?

wonder if they'll still have them stems gazz :D :D :D i'm gona take a trip in next saturday i think :cool: :cool:

clockworkgazz":3u1mp700 said:
was about 6 months ago mind you 1 1/4 inch quill stems will have a ltd market appeal....

thats what i'm hoping for :D one of them and a nice set of manitou 4's for the al mega would be cool :cool:

velomaniac":3n1026dg said:
I have not decided, maybe put it on something late 80's such as my MF Alu Pro. I cant see myself getting any early 80's mtb gates within my price limit :roll:

Would also look nice on a tourer V.

Damn you Kaiser, I dont need any more bikes.................but your right it would look good on a tourer :roll:

I now have 18 bike frames, I must get shot of some, its getting ridiculous :LOL:

Anyway, today I got out on the 456, didn't get out untill 5pm mind and got home at 7pm in the dark. I did however have a great time and discovered yet more single track, oodles of single track I didn't know existed despite living around here for 41 years now :oops: There is lots of narrow rutted, rooty, muddy single track in the woods behind Glencorse barracks which is only a mile from my work, fantastic :cool:
Curiously Glencorse Barracks is where the local infantry battalion for you west coaster types, the HLI, is head quartered, weird :?

Today i sold my nice red rebuilt Z2's on ebay.They didn't sell too well and its also a shame because they've left the country and will never be seen in our sale sections post build split up :(
Completely rebuilt,everything replaced,hardly a mark :cry:

Where were you all :shock:

What lights do you use Velo?

Back