Something special Pt2 PACE RC300 F1

Fudd you are a gem mate! It feels good to have a pace again! The Litespeed went complete so all the parts I've sourced or had in the parts box collecting dust. I've never been a fan of Pace forks. I've had countless (3 if I'm honest) experiences with them leaking oil, blowing seals etc. I'm also not that keen on the aesthetics of them. I'll probably get shot for that comment but they just don't do it for me. Out of all the various forks I've owned Fox have been the most reliable and tuneable to my needs/wants. The only fork that's come close is a set of Maguras I've had, but again these still didn't feel, respond as confidently as Fox. It's gonna get some hammer once finished so it'll not be a show pony (although there's plenty of horse s#*t to dodge on my way to work)!

The only other bike I'd now consider to replace this, or to add to the fleet would be another ti hardtail, and most probably a Litespeed.

It also looks smaller than your F8, 16.5"?. You wanna be careful not extending the post too far on these frames ;)

Fudd":ol82y85n said:
It also looks smaller than your F8, 16.5"?. You wanna be careful not extending the post too far on these frames ;)

Spot on mate. Measures up 17' to the top of the seat tube. The Thomson post I've got on is about 3.5ft so loads left in the frame. Just wanna ride it!!! Cheers for the link for zee bolts, I've some coming nxt week!

Fudd":6r2r5n3m said:

Spot on mate. Measures up 17' to the top of the seat tube. The Thomson post I've got on is about 3.5ft so loads left in the frame. Just wanna ride it!!! Cheers for the link for zee bolts, I've some coming nxt week!

Bit of an update...

Still not been out on her yet :? I'm waiting on the counter sunk bolt to show up and i'm going to change the XTR rear mech for a non rapid rise jobbie.

Getting there though eh?

Attachments

• IMG_2183.JPG
    IMG_2183.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 1,813
  • IMG_2184.JPG
    IMG_2184.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,813
  • IMG_2181.JPG
    IMG_2181.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,813
  • IMG_2180.JPG
    IMG_2180.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,813
A nice different build... looks alright :)

I can't believe its taking you this long to find a CSK bolt. They are standard items you should be able to pickup in any hardware store.

JeRkY":2sexj8t6 said:
A nice different build... looks alright :)

I can't believe its taking you this long to find a CSK bolt. They are standard items you should be able to pickup in any hardware store.

It's more work related! Should be done by the weekend if I pull my finger out

Busy day today!

Chris King fitted (Many thanks Harryburgundy)
Gears tuned (Many thanks Sithlord for the advice)
Bolt for caliper sourced and fitted (Fudd you gem!)
Test ride done!
More air in the forks... :oops:
Second test ride...

Very happy! :D

Need to bleed the brakes and its tip top

Attachments

• IMG_2200.JPG
    IMG_2200.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 1,771
Frame: Pace RC300 F1
Fork: Fox Float 32RL

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Thomson
Handlebar: Carbon riser
Grips: Ritchey WCS foam

Brakes: Hope (may change yet?)

Shifters: LX (on the look for XTR M950's)
Front Derailleur: XTR
Rear Derailleur: XTR
Cassette: XTR
Chain: Sram
Cranks: XTR
Chainrings: XTR
Bottom Bracket: XTR
Pedals: Egg Beaters

Hub Skewers: Hope ti
Rims: Mavic 317
Hubs: Hope pro2's
Nipples: I like nipples (girls only pls)
Tyres: Hutch 1.85's

Saddle: Charge
Seatpost: Thomson

A few bits of finishing kit:

Blue ano X-lite aheadset cap (as per my last 4 builds :oops: )
Ti ano M5 bottle cage bolts
Purple ano M5 Crud Catcher bolts (every bike needs a bit O purple)

Latest posts

Back