Is this caliper bolted on ok?

IDB1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I think the adaptor is meant to convert it to a rear?? But it looks like it'd work like this (there's an arrow with 'FWD' indicated which is now pointed more upwards than forwards).

Unless someone can suggest otherwise - and a better alternative??

2011-03-12142948.jpg

Adaptors are the same for front and read, the only difference that a the same adaptor requires a +20 rotor when fitted on the front, compared to the rear.

That one looks like you might need a 200mm rotor.

Well.. I only have 160 rotors to check but it does look like it'll slot in and not snag or anything...

Needs a 180 rotor (backing up the +20mm thing :cool: ).. keeping my peepers fixed on ebay for something that ends with just my bid :LOL:

Worst that could happen... it's disc brakes.. the devils work.. anything could happen.. cross-dimensional vortexes (vortices?), gateways to the underworld, a veritable End of Days...

Or the thing snaps, catches in the spokes and the Wife does her very best Supergirl impression in a largely horizontal direction...

I would pay good money to see your wife in a supergirl outfit Ian :LOL: :LOL:

But thats another story mate :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I dont think there is any other option for fitting it to that fork....what is the fork :? :oops:

Maybe find some other cheapish forks and you will be ok.....most mantiou from 2000 up are i.s. anyway so should turn something up cheap ;)

No alternative for the fork...

It's on this

2011-03-12141627.jpg

Not really sure why this has been moved here either... it's a '97 bike :evil: :LOL:

its fine
they normally look a bit cobbled

only thing i can think of is if you get a north shore billet mount (blingy)
or a hope one as theyre both a bit less spindly

Back