Just arrived today - Raleigh Dyna-Tech Pro - Pic heavy :)

Prometheus

Senior Retro Guru
Just picked this up today. It's a fraction too large for me unfortunately but I might give a try and see. I bought it to break for parts but now I have it in my hands, I actually quite like it :D.

It's the Dyna-Tech Pro model so the tubing is butted 753. Can anyone shed any light on the the age? The serial number is B05305

It's almost got the full 8 speed C-Record group (which is why I bought it) with the exception of the calipers which are Chorus, shame it hasn't got the deltas but it would have pushed the price right up if it had. The BB isn't campy either, I can't see what make it is, it says made in italy but I can't see Campagnolo anywhere. But everything else is there and in pretty good condition too :cool:

Here's the pics. (Excuse the background, i'm in the process of building a new man cave)

raleighpro001.jpg

raleighpro002.jpg

raleighpro003.jpg

raleighpro004.jpg

raleighpro005.jpg

raleighpro006.jpg

raleighpro007.jpg

raleighpro008.jpg

raleighpro009.jpg

raleighpro010.jpg

raleighpro011.jpg

I really really shouldn't but would you give me first refusal on the frame? should you find it too big. Where are you for a sizing?

Hi Mate.

A mate has got his eye on it at the moment too but if it goes out to general sale then i'll give you first refusal. Like I said I might even keep it ;). My Colnago is a 56. I haven't measured the Raleigh but my guess is that it's probably a 58 or maybe 59. It's out in the workshop so i'll check it tomorrow and post some proper measurements.

Those bikes are excellent a very underrated tour de force.

Pity it is a bit too big.

I'm a short ass and one thing I have learnt if a bike don't fit it ain't never gonna !!

In the end it will end up just hacking you off even more and the love affair you have will become sullied and jaded.

Your lower bacck will ache, so will your scapula from over reaching and your nuts might get sore too.

That bike bike would come up so well .... really minty fresh....gorgeous and beautiful.....pity you will end up selling it !! ha! ha!

Back