Gazelle Champion Mondial

GRRRR... this project is on hold as I am missing yet another part.

It's a washer on the rear derailleur. Part No 3 on the following diagram:

Athenaderailleur.jpg

Without it, doesn't matter how hard you tight that fixing bolt, the derailleur body always have some lateral play. :(

ps: in the diagram they call it "convex elastic washer". It must act like a small spring...

Very handsome bicycle it will become in the end :)

I think you put the spindle in the right way, but if it is symetric, it doesn't really matter.

Ring: I will look whether I have such. I know I have a little containing rings that look like those rings.

I measured the derailleur and that "convex elastic washer" must have an exterior diameter <= 16mm and an interior >= 12mm.

Thanks in advance! :cool:

I have a Campag mech from this era thats had it I'll see if it has a similar washer. If not the only other option I have is an Athena rear mech the same as you already have....

Put a longer stem, chain, gear cables, lowered the saddle nose and tuned the gears.

If the rain lets me I'll be out today for more tests. :)

Frame038.jpg

Had to wait until this morning for the rain to stop. Went out under dark skies but no rain. Had to tight the rear brake cable again and that was it. Here's a few closeups of the frame out in the street.

frame051.jpg

frame052.jpg

frame053.jpg

Had something to do after lunch but afterwards still had some time to wrap the bars and went out for another ride before sunset. This project is now completed.

frame050.jpg

frame048.jpg

Frame045.jpg

- - - T H E - - - E N D - - -

jCymbal":2ve07ydt said:
- - - T H E - - - E N D - - -

It's never 'the end' ;)

Looking absolutely lovely! Looks like you want to get a rag out to wipe off the excess grease and it really could do with some white hoods on the brake levers in my humble opinion. Oh and the rear mech could do with the correct washer....I'll check tomorrow for sure!

Great work. Whats next?

Tel":2uzndwgq said:
It's never 'the end' ;)

Ahahahah!

Tel":2uzndwgq said:
Great work. Whats next?

For now I just want ride it. Weather permitting I'll do ~30Km tomorrow morning. Then I have to sell a couple of bikes and some parts that I have lying around. Only after that's done will I dare to think of another project. :cool:

Thank you Tel.

That came out very nice! Now go ride it - in hopefully sunny Portuguese weather :cool:

Back