94 Kilauea - slight spec change and some updated pics

azaro":2twcdozx said:
Thanks

Going to have the frame powder coated a pale candy blue, so thought a touch of blue (hubs, spider, rings, skewers and decals) would set it off nicely.

Need to crack on with removing old decals and prepping the frame now, so hoping to do that this weekend.

Want to keep the tange sticker. Anyone know the best way to re-apply it?

Good on you...it will real nice that bud..the decal..gil_m might have one on his data base..just an idea ;)
Ernie ;)

'94 decals and colour,

'96 was a petrol blue colour and a different tube set

Attachments

• pict0800_564.jpg
    pict0800_564.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 2,901
It's going to even less period perfect then as I've got declas for a 96!
Still, they're blue so they'll go better with the new frame colour I've got planned.

quite jealous :)

really like the grey/blue combo idea as it happens azaro..you sure you have to redo the frame??

Yeah.
There's a few patches of surface rust and a bit of chainsuck, and I just fancy it in blue.
Although a powder coated light grey similar to brocklander's clockwork...

Finally managed to strip and degrease the frame and find a free Friday morning to get it into Triple S. Rang them to ask them about frame prep and they were incredibly helpful.

So - what a weekend - Friday - trip across to Bingley to get the frame sorted, and then Stiff Little Fingers at Manchester Academy!

Ride up Rivington Pike Sunday morning, then a chance to start raping the Saracen of parts to build up the cleaned up Cindercone frame!

Bring it on!

Picked up the frame from Triple S in Bingley yesterday. Fantastic job. They mask all threaded bits and head tube etc.
All I had to do was remove all parts and decals and degrease.
£50 + VAT - bargain for the quality of the work. Only a 7 day turnaround too.

Thanks to Edd (brocklander) for the recommendation.

(One thing to note - they don't take cards - had to nip out to cashpoint!)

Now to apply decals and start building!

Attachments

• Retrobike 001.JPG
    Retrobike 001.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,658
  • Retrobike 003.JPG
    Retrobike 003.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,658
  • Retrobike 004.JPG
    Retrobike 004.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,658
  • Retrobike 005.JPG