Maybe not a Gios Torino Super Record

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Here is the latest addition to the fleet. A late 70s Gios Torino Super Record.

Lots of TLC needed, not sure what the plan is with this one...

main.php

main.php

main.php

Gios, the one with the beautifull blue colour !!! Looks like blue has a bit more gloss than the blue I know from Gios btw ...or it are just the pics.

John, I think you got a great project with that. Will keep you busy for the upcoming time ;)

On a serious note here's mine...
l_1d4c451f699f7a1070c85a3dd3e968f9.jpg

l_5d91aa15c4f383b9ccfdb1f44c1cca62.jpg

Actually I have my doubts - it could be a fake. Colour looks wrong. Seatstay brazing too. Lug points are too long. Photo of underside of BB shell please. Is it 27.2?

If it's real...
What you need to do with yours is..... (it's the first version from 1978, without the "coins" in the forks - mine is 1981...)

NOS Cinelli Uni Canitor saddle with OLD logo. (Will probably cost you a ton on ebay but they come up more often than you might think).
Nuovo Record seatpost (2 bolt, no fluting).
Superleggera pedals...
White Benotto tape
Repro hoods for your brake levers.
Nuovo Record calipers (important Pre- 1982)
Record Chainset (might have already but you need minimum new dustcaps).
Record rear hub...

If it's a fake and it's a 27.2 seattube, you should strip it and make a nice fixed wheel bike out of it.

Following advice here and from a friend who is heavily into his old time road stuff think there are doubts as to if this frame is pukka.

Will do some good pics later, maybe dbmtb can see what he thinks...

Brazeons are quite nice. Campag dropouts...

If weight of bike is around 10kg, rear axle width 120mm and seatpost is 27.2 then chances are you have a mid-late 70s 531 or Columbus butted frameset, going by the fork crown and band-on brake cable guides and shifters.

You can find out country of origin by looking at BB threads.

If a lightweight 70s race frane is what you've got, you should make a fixie out of it... (Yes i know I am repeating myself) - with no rear brake of course. You wouldn't even need to fit track ends and the geometry and aesthetics are spot on...

Back