Whinlatter Mountain Bike Challenge 20/03/2011

Had an early morning practise round all 3 loops of Whinlatter today. Was a little wet and the trails showing a bit of wear but it was all good. Put a time in of 1hr 49mins for all three loops. Pretty pleased with that. South loop first in 35 mins, then north loop taking it up to 1hr 21 mins, then finished with the blue route. The Giant performed brilliantly, and the Maxxis Cross Mark tyres are grippy and roll really fast. Job done :)

EarlofBarnet":2wwc77ih said:
Had an early morning practise round all 3 loops of Whinlatter today. Was a little wet and the trails showing a bit of wear but it was all good. Put a time in of 1hr 49mins for all three loops. Pretty pleased with that. South loop first in 35 mins, then north loop taking it up to 1hr 21 mins, then finished with the blue route. The Giant performed brilliantly, and the Maxxis Cross Mark tyres are grippy and roll really fast. Job done :)

:shock: :shock: :shock:
This isn't helping! I'm hoping to make it round in...
Daylight! :LOL:

3 weeks to go! My plan is to put 2 more hard weeks of training in, then taper right down on race week. Probably won't do anything for 4 days before other than put the odd mile in on the turbo with no resistance. Got 3-4 more lbs to shift too to hit the 11st mark.

Going to have a fortnight with no training after it!

Also struggling to get in any proper training, haven't even ridden 15 miles in weeks never mind race it!

Kev Duckworth":3frs0d4v said:
Also struggling to get in any proper training, haven't even ridden 15 miles in weeks never mind race it!

15miles cumulatively or in one shot...? :? :cry:

elPedro666":19rbw6o5 said:
Kev Duckworth":19rbw6o5 said:

15miles cumulatively or in one shot...? :? :cry:

Until last Sunday hadn't done more than 15miles in a single day since maybe New years hols. Did 1.5 laps of Gisburn last weekend as training though.

Still haven't got the Sintesi ready so may have to use the Kona hack instead!

I've had a pretty poor week training wise due to being busy at work. Got a session in on Monday but not much else. Hoping to get 15 miles in tomorrow and then just keep my legs turning through next week.

Sadly I'll have been at work for a couple of hours by then, will join up to the facebook group and keep an eye out though :)

Back