Ultimate wreck rescue? What IS this GT?

Yeah, could be an idea. With the obvious ways of identifying a Zaskar and the variances or possible red-herrings. Maybe get some pictures of where to find the serials/stamps, and help for getting period correct decals.

The irony being that this thread hasn't given a definitive answer on the specific frame.

The is my/this bike a Zaskar topic must crop up at least 2 or 3 times a week on here.

BTW, this isn't a dig at Rob Atkin's thread or anything, just a comment on the sheer amount of Zaskar speculating we do on Retrobike.

beagle":19yh9d10 said:
The is my/this bike a Zaskar topic must crop up at least 2 or 3 times a week on here.

BTW, this isn't a dig at Rob Atkin's thread or anything, just a comment on the sheer amount of Zaskar speculating we do on Retrobike.

Yus . . .

Most of which could be answered using the sites search facility (only not in this case due to the absence of critical info)..

:D

It'd be interesting to do a Retrobike word cloud to see how often 'Zaskar' gets mentioned:

bernanke_word_cloud.png

Well I will clean it up as best I can then sell it on here as it's too big for me unfortunately. Or a swap for something nice I need more.

True, there do seem to be a few coming out of the woodwork though!

I hope people dont think I'm trying to pass this off as a Zaskar when I know otherwise. I genuinely have no idea and was needing some expertise. I am veering towards the idea that it is as it has some reasonable stuff attached to it, but it was just abused and neglected before i got it. I'd like to pass it on to someone who will love it and look after it and kit it out as it should be.
Swaps would be my preference - I want red splatter GT Karakoram in 16" one day!!

Back