Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Re: '94 Diablo (?) with stripped r/mech hanger

bikemeister2000":3pgshxlo said:
jimbo-xc":3pgshxlo said:
Started work on this now only to have my fears confirmed that the r/m hanger threads are stripped. Rats - need a fix for that.
Also, playing with a magnet I find that only the top & down tubes are ti. Seat tube, stays & legs of the UGLI are steel. Are those dead straight bars in same plastic coat as the main tubes ti? I need some sweep on my bars so they'll be for sale.
Also, where to get decals - has gil _ m done any for owners on here?

Hey there jimbo-xc, it's true, just the top and down tube only are Ti.
Regarding the "plastic" coating. It's just clear powder lacquer.

Cheers.

I thought on the MT3 and MT4 frames the seat tube was Ti too, or was that earlier (1992/3).

@stick legs,

At the MT3 and MT4 frames all maintubes was made of titanium. The different between this framesets was the Titanium chain stay, at the MT4 frames the was titanium and at the MT3 they was CroMo.

Best regards from Mainhatten

Pics Please..
mowerman":31zrl49s said:
Just bought this Raleigh Dynatech Diablo, its pretty mint just needs new tyres and a bit of a polish.

P3011158.jpg

Re: '94 Diablo (?) with stripped r/mech hanger

jimbo-xc":2c4ge4d6 said:
Started work on this now only to have my fears confirmed that the r/m hanger threads are stripped. Rats - need a fix for that.
Also, playing with a magnet I find that only the top & down tubes are ti. Seat tube, stays & legs of the UGLI are steel. Are those dead straight bars in same plastic coat as the main tubes ti? I need some sweep on my bars so they'll be for sale.
Also, where to get decals - has gil _ m done any for owners on here?

Yes my Diablo LX is the same, just the top & down tubes are Ti, head tube is ally and the rest is cro-mo.

gil_m does have some dyna-tech decals on file too.

Latest posts

Back