The next big project - 1972 Dave Russell NOW ASSEMBLED

Old Ned.... amigo you have some very stylish machines there!! I need to get over to your neck of the woods where all these Dave Russell's keep dropping out of the sky. Loved the last bike... it got my vote.... can not wait to see the finished prodigal.

They haven't dropped out of the sky - I've imported them!

To many Bob Jacksons, Ellis Briggs, Woodrups and Pennines around here. A bit of variety was needed.

Finally built it up and it's around 95% complete. I've still got to finalise the cables and trim them and possibly fit some 'whiter' bar tape as the stuff that's on is a bit 'creamy'. The wheels are a pair that will be OK for general riding but I've a pair of Campag SF 28's on early Mavic tubular rims that will be fitted as the 'proper' wheels for it. The frame is 120 wide rear so will take 5 speed only. When fully finished I'll post it in Readers' Bikes with a full spec and history but I wanted to show it off now as I'm very pleased with it :D

EDIT - I'm a twerp - it's in Readers' Bikes already :oops: :roll:

Attachments

• 72DaveRussell10Feb.1.A.jpg
    72DaveRussell10Feb.1.A.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,805
It's looking great, considering it was still just a frame at christmas, I am ashamed to have not finished any of mine off!

Back