East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

orange71":2i8uh7bz said:
hope you got pump ok, thanks for the use of it! Think I made your sister wait 15 mins :oops:

yup she dropped it off yesterday, moaned like a good 'un about having to wait though :LOL:

if you need the use of my Co2 pump for your ghetto tubeless let me know.
i shall endevour to make it to next weeks meet, need to start getting out more spent most of this winter tucked up inside :oops:

I'm not there next week, but enjoy :cool: May try track pump first, but thanks for offer, may yet take you up on it :D

as i say you may have to track down a couple of Co2 carts (it takes both threaded and non threaded) as i've only got the 1 left and may need that in an emergency :LOL: .

they are pretty much 1 shot wonders though, if you're lucky you can get enough pressure into both tyres with 1 cart then top up with track pump.

Think I found a co2 pump in a bag of old stuff I inherited with a bike while rummaging just now in the cellar. Looks threadless. Looks like you just hold valve against tyre valve and press lever - nothing to grip it on/lock it on like normal pumps - is this right?

2e2i2s4.jpg

2yjsxh4.jpg

i shall endevour to make it to next weeks meet, need to start getting out more spent most of this winter tucked up inside

Woodhouse Eaves car park Khane... probably closer for you than Ticknall :D if hillier :?

orange71":1evp7nm1 said:
Think I found a co2 pump in a bag of old stuff I inherited with a bike while rummaging just now in the cellar. Looks threadless. Looks like you just hold valve against tyre valve and press lever - nothing to grip it on/lock it on like normal pumps - is this right?

although mine has a locking lever it is in no way strong enough to keep it on the valve against the pressure of the Co2, so i still have to hold it on quite firmly.

rc200ti":1evp7nm1 said:
Woodhouse Eaves car park Khane... probably closer for you than Ticknall :D if hillier :?

it's probably about the same hill wise, fair bit shorter in distance though.

Riding from Ticknall car park tomorrow morning with 8.00am as the target time.
It looks like John will be there too. :D

Back