Help me choose; new or used?

New or used?

• Brand new bike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Second hand bike

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, it's overwhelmingly coming out in favor of the second hand nike, but what did I expect from Retrobike :LOL:

The second hand bike is not on ebay, and the fella offered to take me round his local trails on it as a test ride!

The case for the new bike is that it'll be a nice treat, the first new mtb I'll have had in 16 years! And I've been saving for ages...

Also, it's a from a small UK producer, and I'd like to support their business!

Still torn... :?

new will have a warranty. plus as you say, cant beat that new bike smell. but is it worth £400.... not sure tbh, will you have to spend any money on the new bike?

New is new and really nice to buy and cherish and treat yourself.

New is a killer when you see your bike in a sale 6 months down the line.

Let someone else have the depreciation, and make your's unique for you with the money saved.

Go 2nd hand.

I'd go second-hand. Get something clean that is in nearly-new condition, then change the bits you want to and still save some money. When you come to sell you'll loose less money (if any) too.

Well, that's overwhelmingly in support of the second hand one. Unfortunately it's all a bit academic now as I wasn't able to meet the seller and he's now sold it to someone else. Dilemma solved :D :roll: :D

Now, I'm thinking hope brakes, USE seatpost...

Latest posts

Back