Help! I'm on an island!

Bob

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi, I noticed some of you guys venture over here to IoW ... does that mean i'm in this area group? :?

well the south areas are split east and west at southampton but i am the southwest AEC and i live 3 miles from lepe beach across the water from you so it tends to fall into the southwest area as i tend to post most about riding there. :D

was over there last night, riding some naughty trails.

we tend to have several rides over there. the usual route we take is from yarmouth, up the causeway, up and over the golf course, then up limerstone and mottisone down, then follow the next climb but then taking a round about route up to the chillerton mast, after this we stop at the pub in shorwell, then ride back to yarmouth via mottisone and the golf course etc. usually about 25ish miles.

always seem to leave people with a smile on their faces :D

Sounds cool, i have read about the rides on here but i'd also like to get over to Englandland for some riding so i would be interested in joining in with any rides not too far from the ferries/accessible by train, as i'm sure you've noticed it's alot cheaper to not take cars on the ferries

well, frankly the new forest is a bit dull which is why i ride the island alot but the next ride is at haldon near exeter, which might be an issue for you to get to. i am going but am already full up vehicle wise with people/bikes for that trip.

:? Exeter is a bit too far for me really, however i wouldn't rule out taking the car over as an occassional thing, if it was needed sometime i've got a laguna estate that i have fitted 3 people and 3 bikes inside of, it would be easier using the bike carrier but we thought we try without it one day :LOL: it's good to know there are rides available to me, cheers :D

Back