Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Google+

• Another bike site

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
New boy here.... I came across this forum whilst looking for info on 90s Claud Butler MTBs...

My first ever "proper" bike was a CB 1991 something, it was grey with pink cables, a 300XL rear mech, biopace rings and black resin brake cantis. I would love to be reminded of the model name - it was from the Cape Wrath, Spectre, Spirit era.

Moved on to GT timberline after my CB got nicked :( . I'm a roadie now but still love those old MTBs.

I would pay money to anyone who has a catalogue from 1991 - would have been Falcon cycles then I think? Had a section on Team Banana road bike too :)

Aloha, just checking in, I have been a long time lurker, non poster. I have a little bit of interest in all types of bikes, not really too fussed what I ride as long as it's fun. I'm in Bristol so there are currently three Argos's (Argi?) in the stable (road, track and fixed) a Boardman Team FS (I know, I know) and a Mercian tourer, part way through restoration. I wont lie, I've got things to sell and questions to ask but hopefully I can add something to the community too and I have a real hankering after an old school Orange P7 So here goes. cheers all.

Hi all,

Only just found this site tonight, and i'm glad i did.

I use to be a cycle mechanic from '94 to '06, at the time they were the best years of my life...working on what i loved.

I also raced mountain bikes for 15 years in the Channel Islands, UK and France.

I'm sure there are many highly knowledgable people on this site but i'd like to offer my knowledge too if i can be of any help.

Regards

Marc

Hello all,

Been a few years out of the saddle and to be honest feel I am missing out.

I have a Muni Mula (frame only at moment) thanks to my brother, which I will be slowly building up and will try to show pics as I progress.

Great site and now back to the For Sale section

:D

Hi all. Just wanted to introduce my self.
Im a mountain bike rider from Iceland, used to race in 92-96 stopped for some reason. Recently got the bug again after finding this site. Just bought a 94 mongoose amplifier and cant wait to begin rebuilding it.

Great site and a great resource.

Hi All, I was given the link to this site by my boss after trying to sell my old Witcomb mtb and also my daughters Witcomb.

At the ripe old age of 43, I've just got a new hybrid through the cycle to work scheme, so I'm slowly getting back in to swing of things!

Hi all,
Dropped onto site via a couple of articles in some recent mags ( forget which ). Anyhoo brought back memories, turns out my brother had an old spesh tucked away, looked like fun i thought! How scarey an experience was that
:-|

Hi guys. I've decided to rebuild my Kona Muni Mula frame that has been stored away for about 8 years as a single speed weapon, for all round use.

I stopped riding about 4 years ago (when I met my current GF) and have since sold my other bike as we needed the cash because I'd started a family.....oops.

The bug has resurfaced and now I want to rebuild my lovely Muni mula to play around on until I win the lotto or something and have enough cash to build a new rig.

Pics of my old/sold bike

pbpic1633312.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I started mountain biking in the UK back in 1992 with a 200GS equipped Hardrock, bitten by the bug there and then! Had a few bikes through the 90's including a Cannondale M400 & a Proflex 856 with a set of RC36s (I miss that bike!!). Lost interest for a while after that, but have been getting back into it recently and now own a 96 Stumpjumper and a 95 Rocky Mountain Equipe. Now living in Melbourne...

road or offroad its all good fun

Hi there just joined after finding this site I,m 45 used to mountain bike loads for about 6 or so years then got into road racing (just club stuff) for 4 or 5 years till I damaged my knee then didn,t really touch a bike again till now.
Being the wrong side of 40 and piling on quite a bit of weight I thought it was time to sort things out so I dusted of the ol turbo resurrected the M STEEL road iron picked up an old school lava dome off ebay (its mentioned in the ebay off road thread) I wasn't particularly looking to go old school but when I saw the kona on ebay it bought back so many good memories,so its time to increase my fitness and reduce the waistline a bit (lot),
I live on the Isle of Wight so plenty of good riding to be had locally on and off road, never expecting to get back to the fitness I had 20 plus years ago when I started but hopefully have some fun and maybe meet up with a few guys out on the trails
bye for now Charli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back