Status
Not open for further replies.
Neil":c1nx84vl said:
mountainloz":c1nx84vl said:
well here goes
My MountainCycle MOHO
the frame is made in the USA so it counts
it's a '97 model too, so i just scrape in
Might scrape in in terms of it's year, but I'm not really feeling the retro vibe, there...

ohhh get her.

legrandefromage":28gb9bb3 said:
my zaskar is broken:

sdc11211_w1024_h768_838.jpg

:shock: wasup withit :shock:

clockworkgazz":1p2el05j said:
Neil":1p2el05j said:
mountainloz":1p2el05j said:
well here goes
My MountainCycle MOHO
Might scrape in in terms of it's year, but I'm not really feeling the retro vibe, there...
ohhh get her.
Now, now...

You have to say, long travel, and fairly un-retro components, do make it seem a little odd, with the other entries. I'm not criticising it as a bike, just pointing out that looking at it and what's on it, just doesn't scream retro to me, that's all.

Squeezing in because of the year of the frame, may make it eligible, but out of curiosity, when was it built up, and with what sort of age kit

Neil":2oqgyjk4 said:
Squeezing in because of the year of the frame, may make it eligible, but out of curiosity, when was it built up, and with what sort of age kit

i built it in '08 as a rigid with carbon forks, and it has evolved over the last few years when some forks came along that i liked, then the race face next lp carbon cranks etc
the spec means i can happily ride it without having to worry about any damage to obsolete components
theres a spec list in my build thread on my sig :)

the Brake Therapy rear disc adapter was imported from USA too

p.s. my Avid Rollamajig is from '97 too if that helps you?

Are you sure its US made? I thought that Marin, and specially the later ones, was made in USSR, Taiwan or China. The earliest one was made of Sandvik 3/2.5 straight guage in US... ?

Nice build though!

Neil":1uu0wgbe said:
mountainloz":1uu0wgbe said:
well here goes
My MountainCycle MOHO

I concur with Neil.. no retro-ness going on :(

However, the bike is my favourite one of its type I've seen to date... tis a v.cool ride imo :cool:

IDB1":1e5nfn39 said:
I concur with Neil.. no retro-ness going on :(

i do see where you're all coming from, but it appears that retro is defined as pre'98, which this frame is, ok there's a lot of much newer parts on it (most not USA ones either) but the frame is the heart of the bike, if i had owned it from new and replaced/upgraded as things came along it would probably be in a similar situation to how it is now

IDB1":1e5nfn39 said:
However, the bike is my favourite one of its type I've seen to date... tis a v.cool ride imo :cool:
thanks ;)

so far i'm liking Ianus's Klein the most

mountainloz":31v8kzkc said:
i do see where you're all coming from, but it appears that retro is defined as pre'98, which this frame is

For the purposes of the forum, there had to be a cut-off year (my understanding, that is).. but retro is subjective and means different things to different people..

What I mean is that your bike LOOKS modern therefore, imo (and it doesn't really matter one iota (to anyone else) what I think) doesn't scream 'retro'..

Still think it's the tits though
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back