laggan , march , anyone ?

The issue I think will be the state of the trails more than the state of the roads. DaveDH says he was up there yesterday for a spot of snowboarding and said the roads were OK but he said the Wolftrax blog reported several inches of snow on the trails. Baring in mind the met office is saying heavy snow for Saturday up north and even to lower lying areas it might be advisable to either put off for another weekend or pick a venue that will more likely be rideable.

I don't know what the rest of the country is like weatherwise just now but going by the weather in Edinburgh just now anywhere is going to be, at best, a freezing cold mudbath.

I'm easy! Glentress too boring? Best place for shelter and trails condition I reckon.

I'd prefer to postpone and get a better ride in a week or 2 - the Khs will be finished by then as will the bathroom (paint and flooring to do).

Distance wise Laggan and GT are the same for me and carron valley is only a little closer so moving it makes no odds to me. Happy to go with the majority, the wife would prefer postponement though :)

Eck what do you think?

I think we should postpone as well, met office says heavy snow pretty much everywhere we might choose to ride :roll:

Englanders might think us a bunch of jessies based on some of their recent snow bound epics but Laggan is too far into the howling highland wastes in dodgy weather :roll:

I'm easy-osy re: postponement - good for the back but not the soul :(

Ach, I had a couple of rides last weekend anyway...

And I'll bet if there's one place that'll miss the snow, it'll be bloody Drumlanrig

Ha the Drum was my thought too, might head down there instead.

Back