Very dodgy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bike

That bike is sold. It was my wifes but now belongs to someone else. A member on this forum. Whats going on?

Yes I took the photo in my back garden,I bought the frame new in 1997 and had a bike shop build it up for me.

I don't mind anyone using the photo but not to advertise a bike for sale.

If the seller in Essex thought he was getting a Dekerf exactly like mine I wonder what he ended up with!

Dave

I can take some pictures of my bike when I get home tonight next to a copy of todays Times newspaper if you like?

How do you explain my initial thread on Retrobike??

DeKerf

Alarm bells rang for me too when the new owner received the bike.
There is something weird going on here? I sold the bike on this very forum and when the guy received the bike and was fairly happy except the bike he received was the baby blue one I was selling and not the strangely red one in the pic. I got a PM from someone with a link to this. The picture is not the picture I posted. The picture I posted was called sallyship.jpg as this picture suggests and the bike is quite similar. So, what IS going on? What is the filename of the red bike?
I think I might have pi~~ed off more than one person here.
PS: when I open my message, my picture appears - but when I open the owners link I see the red one.
:?

I don't know but the picture on the site today shows my bike.

I don't know much about web-pages perhaps a moderator can explain if it's possible for something to go wrong?

Dave

deKerf

Another thing is...When I go to look or edit my original post the picture doesn't exist. There is no attachment.

Well I'm no web expert, but of course its possible for files to get jumbled, but i'd imagine it's nigh on impossible for this to happen uploaded from two differnt IP addresses and named differnt file names.

The red dekerf pic that LeLobysfoot showed in his original "what's this worth" thread was called sallysship.jpg as he states above. But was the red one in Dave's pic - no question.

Could this just be simply a case of mixing up files on a desktop and uploading the wrong one by mistake? I do this for a living (not the mistakes bit :D ) and of course t happens here and there.

Simple explanation...all smiles...?

dekerf

This is possible at the other end maybe, but not here as I have never had this pic in my (computers) posession.
I am using a works pc and have a tiny window of opportunity to have non-work-related stuff going so it is entirely my fault for not spotting it in the first place.
As for the incredible coincidence.........beats me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back