Marin 1990 Bear Valley Rebuild - FINISHED !!! PAGE 38 !!!

Well there wasnt much of a rush going on as they are still salting our roads ... :( :LOL:

But .... between baking and swimming with my daughter, going to the cinema and to the in-laws, I actually managed to get a bit done on it today :LOL:

Without pressing parts out or un-peening parts, this is about the limit of M735 disassembly, as it came – no polishing yet, just de-greased :

DSC05951.jpg

I only have a few fancy parts for this :

DSC05969.jpg

A few more Ti bolts are to come for the screws though ;-) The bulls eye jockey has been hard anodised. I had a pair of these but until joining up on here I didn’t realise the importance of the top floater. As the one that came on this was in top condition it can stay :D

Although I had changed the bolt to a Ti one on my old 735 I couldn’t remember how I changed it (20 years ago :oops:) and tales on here of them being a pain and needing pliers etc didn’t sit well with me, especially as it would be put back together after being polished up ... :? Well a bit of thinking and it was actually quite easy using a long bolt screwed into the angle of dangle hole :

DSC05972.jpg

So you can twist it quite easily and hold it down all with one hand :

DSC05971.jpg

If everything is lined up OK you can actually put the spring clip on easily by hand – to tools = no slips / scratches ;-)

All done before the limit screw goes in, this is a clean mech and defo worth waiting for :D :

DSC05973.jpg

Finished, its actually nice n shiney but covered in a layer of grease and sticky fingers :LOL:

DSC05983.jpg

Bulls eye looks really nice :

DSC05996.jpg

WD :D

:LOL: :LOL:

I like it.....m900 would be nicer though :LOL:

You have too much time on your hands wd ;)

I would expect of a member ike silverclaws etc but you have a job :? how do you find time :?:

between worrying about money and trying to make it :roll: I get no time at all :LOL: :LOL:

I never had M900 on it BITD ... :( The spec is actually quite close to how I had it - not a lot of parts are the same as when I bought it, but most are the same (if not the actual same part) as it was about 2 years into ownership ;)

WD :D

The majority of the drivetrain on my scott is actually the same as what I had bitd...actual items too...... :cool:

Also have some parts from then going on my orange as well :cool:

**special request**

Please don't finish this bike, or build more like it. This is way to entertaining!

Great work with the rear mech their WD, it should perform as good as it looks.

Thanks also for the tip with the longer bolt on the tension spring, that will save my knuckles from many a future skimming.

Rio":nrawx014 said:
**special request**

Please don't finish this bike, or build more like it. This is way to entertaining!
+1

One of, if not the, most interesting thread on retrobike for me.

What makes it real for me, is seeing the kind of bike I saw others ride, BITD, get treated in this way - top work, great memories.

Back