Zero CNC'd Stem

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Just got this piece of kit from scant and I am quite impressed with the work thats gone into it, very manitouesque dont ya think.

only thing I am kinda stumped about is how you tighten it to the steerer - notice it doesn't have a slot so the bolts can pinch it together.

DSCF1331.jpg

DSCF1329.jpg

DSCF1328.jpg

DSCF1327.jpg

DSCF1326.jpg

DSCF1325.jpg

Is it unfinished? Did they forget to cut a slot? Does it have some sort of internal cam that the pics don't show? Are you meant to just 'believe' and it will happen? :LOL:

Wow! It´s so rough that it´s very beautiful... Don´t recall seen one of those... must be very very rare...

jez-2-many-bikes":2mbz3z18 said:
Does it need a quill thing like that ringle I bought?

:idea: mmmmmmmmm, you mean like on a GT flip-flop stem kinda thang, could be :?

I still dont get the reason behind the bolts - they go nowhere, it could be a mock-up proto I suppose.

still love it tho :) , I will just have to 'believe' until the mystery is solved ;)

Get the dremel out and cut that slot. I'd guess it was a press mock up, those 2 bolts should mean it should be an aheadset stem rather than using the GT flipflop thing, also as its a zero component then the age would suggest that it should also be an aheadset. Didn't know Declan had made a stem, a one off?

Assuming the bolts go all the way through, then cut a slot. Only downside I can think of is that if it is a press mock up then it could have been made in a softer grade ali than a working example. Maybe that's why no slot was cut - to ensure noone ever used it and killed themselves when it failed.

Back