Rocky Mountain Blizzard 1994 - Update 26.01.13

i think the stem could/should be alright. looks ace on a 96/97 DeKerf! ;)

img_3873_131.jpg

img_3924_176.jpg

Y'all Diss me, Ya Diss Frank! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for all the replies guys...no more news yet on this, just getting decals sorted.

Great Andy! :D
Nice too see that you're gonna give her the build she deserves ;)

I'm with Mr Chicken on the paint finish - I really liked the 'ice' paint, looked like it had some kind of hammered finish. Much more interesting than *Kona* white ;) :LOL:

Cheers!

Hey Neil
Yeah, the frame finish does look like it's been coated in 'Hammerite' (stuff you put on Gates & Fences...)
So going to try & look at seeing what some local coating companies can do? Got to find a few first. Tried a couple but none of them who have the technology will do frames...

SOLD ON
Latest aquisition...
DT Swiss Hügi 240 Hubs - NOS. Was looking at sourcing some Ritchey Rims (as per the Spec) but don't wish to have a build where I cannot easily get replacements & the wheel is out of action, however I may do that & use these as a Summer, Very Dry - No chance of Rain day...& get the M737's built as a regular running pair to XC717s...

Attachments

• Hugi_240.png
    Hugi_240.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,500
Took a Photo today of my Build Box for this...Doesn't give much away except 18 Months of collecting, changing my mind & selling on. Nearly there, just a few parts to come & hunting for a few more. Frame will be going into the Respray Shop & wheels to be built.

Attachments

• BuildBoxsmll.jpg
    BuildBoxsmll.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 939
Decided whilst we had a bit of Sunshine to grab a shot of the paint on the frame. I hadn't taken off the wrapping to see it fully, so had a nasty surprise...When I bought the frame off Beep Beep, there was some serious Rust patches on the downtube which had affected the paint. Assumed this would be sorted at the coaters...Looks like it's been coated straight over without much prep? resulting in not a great finish...It is, if it shows up in the images a flat white with a Metallic fleck. I like the Pearlescent finish, so looks like this setback is going to take me a while longer. Looks like it's off to a frame shop to get prepped, then painted... :cry:

Attachments

• Headtube.jpg
    Headtube.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,160
  • Downtube.jpg
    Downtube.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,160
Back