ibis bowti - my pride and joy

ti_pin_man

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My pride and joy, a photo taken late last year, the bike rides like a dream, weighs 24/25lbs, climbs like a goat and descends like a rocket. I love it. The only thing I've changed since is to cut the excess steerer tube off, put some eggbeaters on, royce BB, middleburn cranks with boone ti rings, hope disk brake on back using torsion bar - can't bring myself to get any tabs welded to the frame. And yes its a bit muddier cos I ride it a couple of times a week.

y9a0uw.jpg

joe

That saddle looks a bit far forward - are you sure you don't want to buy something smaller and sell that frame to me? :D

Saw the Ti Mojo at Tims yesterday - I don't know what you did to that headset!

ha

No chance of a sale Simon - they'll be buring me with it - and if I ever saw you for a ride you'd know the saddle is a wee bit further back and the frame fits just fine ! ;o)

I simply rode the ti mojo with the king headset for 3 or 4 times a week on and off road since 1994. You'd think it would last longer huh? ;o)

Ahhh. that is nice. Good to see two in the site. Think one will get a BOTM nomination for next month :D

I think the look of these bikes depends very much on the angle the photo is taken from. The photo above (for me) doesn't do the bike justice, yet i know with a slight angle like gils, it'll look stunning. Great to see they are around and being used.

I remember an article in MBA aaages ago with the designerblokie who came up with the sweetspot idea that only really (in his opinion) worked with the bowti.

Come on..... what's his name? Anyone got the article?

john castellano. Still warrenties the frame under his castellano building business in california... I have seen a 'brand new' castellano ti bow ti recently. 269 of the original frames where built.

I know of Gil's frame and you're right on, I could have taken a better photo. I'll try and ride it to the next retro meet if its relatively easy to get to...

Latest posts

Back