Manitou FS 94'

Drewson

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Another recently finished build....

Quite light but ain't gonna see much riding time cause i don't wanna destroy it....rode pretty well when it's been out though, even though the forks could do with a service....

Not sure about the rims on this one....not sure they match....

Got a damn flat on the rear too just before the pics were taken... :roll:

Spec:

Frame: Manitou FS 94'
Forks: Manitou 3
Stem: Manitou
Bars: Answer Hyperlite
Barends: Answer Hyperends
Grips: Ritchey WCS
Headset: Chris King
Seatpost: Ringle/Manitou
Saddle: Flite Ti
QR's: Ringle
Shifter/Levers: XTR M900
Cantis: Critical Racing
Chainset: AC Components Cranks / Zero 26/36/46
Pedals: Deore XT M747
Cassette: M900
Chain: SRAM
Front Mech: XTR M900
Rear Mech: XTR M900
BB: Syncros Titanium
Hubs: Machine Tech 32H
Spokes: DT Swiss DB
Rims: Mavic X517 (Citron) 32H
Tires: Farmer Johns Nephews F&R

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

Very yummy Critical Racing brakes... :cool: :cool: :cool:

And possibly the nicest bike I've ever seen a set of Farmer John Cousin's on... :LOL:

top work indeed Drew.. :cool:

Nice, and no cracks?!? But for me on an aesthetic point of view, I think the cranks are OTT on the turquoise meter.

No cracks on this one....but i ain't gonna ride it much cause it will be stripped down and sold on v soon...need the funds to build up another nice project.....

Thanks for the comments folks :)

So as it turned out Drewson decided that this one wasn't for him

In a fit of craziness I bought it, only for Drew to find a crack on the head tube

It was always going to be a slow burner and its now nearly complete parts wise

Crack wise I have a welder who is used to working on bikes lined up and once I have the cash and can drive to Dundee, it'll get sorted

Parts wise I have the chassis from Drew which included the Manitou Stem and Blue King Devolution and Manitou Moby Post. I sourced Blue Hope hubs on Mavic 231's, XTR drive train, Gripshift X-Ray (because I can't use M900 STI's)
and the big twist is that big Eck sold me a rather cool set of Hope brakes so this Manitou will have disks front and rear... I've not seen another set up like this so here's hoping it looks good!!

boxxer":1mk65207 said:
So as it turned out Drewson decided that this one wasn't for him

In a fit of craziness I bought it, only for Drew to find a crack on the head tube

It was always going to be a slow burner and its now nearly complete parts wise

Crack wise I have a welder who is used to working on bikes lined up and once I have the cash and can drive to Dundee, it'll get sorted

Parts wise I have the chassis from Drew which included the Manitou Stem and Blue King Devolution and Manitou Moby Post. I sourced Blue Hope hubs on Mavic 231's, XTR drive train, Gripshift X-Ray (because I can't use M900 STI's)
and the big twist is that big Eck sold me a rather cool set of Hope brakes so this Manitou will have disks front and rear... I've not seen another set up like this so here's hoping it looks good!!

hhmm...sounds interesting. will be good to see pics when done.

Managed to make a Pace mount fit the Manitou 3 legs and have the number 2 calliper at the back with the torsion arm set up

Also got a spare set of C2's cheap to scavenge for parts as the levers on the ones I got were a bit knackered...

Just need to get a Macretro member to turn down the axle on the front hub as at the moment it's too wide for the shell....

Latest posts

Back