Powder coaters in Derby/Notts area?

John Whiteman did my LTS in black. It was only £30 but I wasn't too impressed with the finish. It's the only thing I've ever had powder-coated, to be fair, so I might just have expected too much. A friend had an old racer done in white which seemed to get a much better finish, so it might depend who's doing the job as well I guess.

On reflection, this hasn't added much to this thread. :LOL:

Oranges are not the only fruit

Oranges are not the only fruit.

John Whiteman has managed to produce the whole citrus family from super-smooth non-waxed limes through orange and even on to ugli. An impressive achievement all on one frame!

The moral of the storey: unwrap and inspect the frame thoroughly before rushing off with it.

I'm just too impatient: although I know that the right thing to do is to send the frame straight back (and then wait an unknown amount of time) to get them to do it properly.
I haven't. I just couldn't resist turning the pile of bits into a bike.

One of those really annoying coincidences happend part way through the build: a neighbour called round and said that he could have got the frame stove enamelled at work for the price of a pint. Isn't life fantastic?

JohnB

Actually I was thinking of scratches and chips so why be precious about something you know you are about to abuse?

I've tried to add some photos of work in progress before it gets damaged.

JB

zskg9h.jpg

2b5poi.jpg

Back