'93 Cannondale M700

Also i've got a question ref the steerer. It's a 1 1/4" threaded steerer and i've seen it mentioned elsewhere that the internal dimension is actually 1 1/8". Is this correct and is it safe to assume it would be ok to fit a 1 1/8" quill stem ? I know it sounds daft but i'm just making sure before sourcing one

The actual diameter of the quill bit would be 1 1/8in (28.6mm), but it would be described as a 1 1/4in stem, ie to fit a 1 1/4in steerer. A "1-1/8in" stem has a 1in diameter quill.

I have an uninspiring but functional 1 1/4in Kalloy stem if you need a stopgap ;)

This I like!

I have two C'dales my self, The oldest is currently undergoing pimping. I might as well start a thread on it.

Showing my ignorance of the finer points of stemdom i'm afraid ! There does seem to be a distinct lack of 1 1/4" quill stems available. Thanks for the offer and I will bear your offer in mind should something not turn up :cool:

Get that 'dale on a build thread asap. The more the better ! Seems to be a few similar ones being built at the moment.

I bought a couple of month a M700 with the peperroni fork.
It is a fantastic bike.

I just have a question. Do you think it is possible to install a fatty fork ?

vvvd

Hi there.

I'd forgotten all about my build. Thanks for the reminder !

I don't think it's possible to install a Headshok fork as it's a 1 1/4" headtube as apposed to the 1 1/2" headtube on a proper 'dale headshok frame.

I might be wrong :roll:

I've also got a Cannondale F100 '96 frame awaiting some work so again thanks for reminding me :LOL:

Steve.

Hi,

Got exact same model and in same color. Been riding in since I 1993 and now the bottom bracket is about to break.

Can you tell me if I need to buy some old Shimano Deore LX model or can I replace my bottom bracket with some new one that fits? Can you recommend any bottom bracket?

Kristjan

Back