ITS ARRIVED! ITS ARRIVED!

Looks better already. Take it you were ok with the headset press?

Ah yes - thanks for loaning me that. A great help. The bottom race went on a real treat on the Trimble.

The Hei Hei is a bit more demanding - Smacking the headset cups off is a bit scary (didnt like the abuse I was dealing out with the hammer) - Ill probably get the shop to take these off. Maybe a workstand will be better atholding frame still like u said.

Do you really just belt them off? There must be a proper tool to pull them off?

Thanks Pete - again seatclamps are blinkin wierd as I think I will need to test some trial and error. Have a horrible TransX (halfords) one which fits fine but Im too anal to use it....

Im quite surprised by the condition of the decals (dont see many Trimbles with the "Roobar" decal and all the white lettering on the frame itself) I guess a lot were resprayed.

It looked a lot tattier when it arrived as the stonechips showed the undercoat underneath. Black is a really good colour to touch up I must admit. T-cut to take down surface scratches and some car wax has helped too. Used some metal polish on the alloy rear ends and they come up like mirrors. Not perfect as a new paintjob would be but it may do for the time being.

Bare frames always show imperfections a lot more than when they're built up so Im hoping it should look ok when it its got all the stuff on it...

Just need some darn forks!

there is a special tool that opens out inside headtube to allow you to then push on the whole inner surface.

I always just use a screwdriver and hammer and ease it out working out round the inside, keeping it square, little at a time.

If still stiff, get a bigger hammer...

I put the frame on a piece of wood on the floor, its the shock impact thats usually needed to start it moving, so don't need to be too hard hitting.

Frame looks loverly btw :D
See it staken rightful place inside the house, lounge yet?

Ah thanks for that Gump - Ill have another go tomorrow. Its the fact that each whack makes the stand I'm using shake. Ill be a bit more tactful with the hammer I think. The bottom race has started to come off so if I keep going it will get there...

Its only in the living room so i can keep looking at it.....dont want it hidden away like all the others .......

:p

It'll not shift if you're using the stand in your garage. Like andy says use the floor or a proper stand...

Back