The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in selling my TREK 8000, I posted it in the wrong thread earlier

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 57#1043457

It is a TREK 8000 with XT and LX bits, it is as I bought it (original tyres even) except the bar ends and bottle rack! The paint has a few bubbles coming through, but generally ok. The tubing is labelled E9, 19" frame.

Any questions please email.

kaya":2zui0h05 said:
I have a pair of Pace RC30 Forks and I'm not sure what there worth, They have an 1" threaded steerer that's approx 170mm long and are in good condition except they have no decals.

IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3736.jpg

Anyone advise me to what is a fair price for them??????????

Look in good nick mate. I sold some recently for £50 or £60 recently so I'd say around that, if not a bit more for yours.

brocklanders023":en9a17pi said:
Look in good nick mate. I sold some recently for £50 or £60 recently so I'd say around that, if not a bit more for yours.

I'd have thought a little bit more to be honest, nearer £80 for such a nice pair - Edd's known for under-pricing nice forks... :oops: :LOL: ;)

brocklanders023":1opu9zkk said:
You're probably right :oops: :LOL:

I should probably keep my trap shut until I've paid & collected them too! :shock: :LOL: Busy tomorrow (Mon)?

NOS RS shock post?! Fantastic, sure a few folks would be keen to squabble over it! Don't think I could propose a figure but I'm sure it would do well ;)

Due to feeling the need to get a 29er, I'm thinking of selling my lovely half breed explosif...
I'd like some views on it's worth as a whole bike really, ta! :)

Just before cables fitted, and finished, a few wks back>

IMG_2091.jpg

Its current incarnation>

P1070790.jpg

Has modern--
XT V's
Kool Stop dual compound pads
Hone crankset
Race Face Deus XC bars
Deore STI's 9 speed
LX SPD's
Deore F.D
LX R.D
Maxxis Advantage Kevlar Rear tyre 2.1
Continental Mountain King Front tyre 2.2
Cane Creek S3 headset
External BB
Specialized BG grips
A2Z Ti skewers
LX 9 speed cass

Fairly retro---

SID SL forks
Mavic X717's on XT hubs

Retro---
1993 Kona Explosif frameset 19" (cleans up nice a few chips though from use) also have original TB threaded P2 to go with this
Flite Alpes Ti
Ringle Moby Deuce
Syncros cattleprod

Weight 24.2lbs and a rocketship

I thought '93 was pre-suspension corrected...? :?

Lovely bike anyway, one of my favourite 'schemes too. Sorry to say the obvious but definitely one that would benefit from splitting (almost certainly what the buyer would do anyway), I think as it stands you'd only get a rather insulting £300-£400 from someone who wants the frame/P2s/stem/post and maybe wheels, which I don't think you'd like! :oops:

Split you could probably get in the region of £450+, maybe a fair bit more if it's all minty...

I may be wrong of course, that goes without saying! ;) :LOL:

Would appreciate a back-up/correction on this from someone if possible please? :oops: ;)

cheers, I know what you mean re splitting it.

It is pre sus correction but handles extremely well, just took it over Cut Gate today in the Peak District, it can still hold it's own!
Does that mean the front end sits a little higher than it was designed for?

:D

Gary Fisher Grateful Dead

What is this worth ????? I think I've only done 10 miles on it since I bought it 18 months ago. A similar frame was on USA eBay for $500 this week.
DSC00465.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back