What is your favourite road bike ever ?

What do you mean with 'favourite bike'? Something like the dreambike or the bike you would love to keep when you were allowed to keep only one?

In case of the dreambike I am unsure whether such exists for me. Isn't the dreambike something undefined? Something you're always after, but that is actually an illussion? An illusion that lets the hunger last? If such would materialize into one bike, I would probably study it carefully and forget about the rest.

If the favourite would be the bike I were allowed to keep, than the answer would be easier: it would probably the early 80s FullPro or the Zieleman.

Lets Go for the bike you would keep to make life easier.

we can go for dream bike in the next thread where you could build a fantasy ride out of the accumalitive components from the 'favourites'......headache

Easy one, or three.
A Jan Raas Ti Raleigh Campagnolo Team Bike
An Eric Vanderarden Panasonic Raleigh Team Bike
A Laurent Fignon Castorama Raleigh Team Bike
:LOL:
In terms of ones I have owned, an SBDU 531 that some gits helped themselves to :(

As for the Curly at the top of these posts, what's with the handlebars are they low pro type bars up the wrong way?

kula":o97d122j said:
Easy one, or three.
A Jan Raas Ti Raleigh Campagnolo Team Bike
An Eric Vanderarden Panasonic Raleigh Team Bike
A Laurent Fignon Castorama Raleigh Team Bike
:LOL:
In terms of ones I have owned, an SBDU 531 that some gits helped themselves to :(

As for the Curly at the top of these posts, what's with the handlebars are they low pro type bars up the wrong way?

They were :D

Ive swapped them for some randonneur bars now......it looks much better! I'll post some pictures when it gets a bit sunnier!

I love retrobike, 'what is your dream bike?' ' oh, this one and this one and one of those.....' :LOL:

The one in the middle here

3329509003_159b03e8d9_z.jpg

though the one to the right looks tasty too.

Otoh, I love the fact that I can get on the metro any time I want and go admire this one

eddymerckxhourrecordbike.jpg

(neither pic is mine btw)

Guerciotti

I like Peugeots for various reasons, have come to appreciate the Dutch bikes aswell....mixture of Brits too

Now I try not to like Italian bikes because everyone yaps on.....blah blah ... usually its Colnago...

But I have to say I come back to this Guerciotti...
No fuss, nicely styles - eye catching

Attachments

• photo_64 - Copy.jpg
    photo_64 - Copy.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 1,916
  • photo_07 - Copy.jpg
    photo_07 - Copy.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,916

Nice choice toomski, I like that Guerciotti too, from Ray Dobbins collection. I also like Greg Softley's collection and could choose any number of his bikes as my favourite. His Colnago C35 is amazing - it's a lot of bling; you'd never ride it, but what a bike to have on your wall. He also has a Colnago Mexico Oro, looks the same as the one presented to the Pope. And if you like gold and swarovski crystals check out his ICS photo set, with gold delta brakes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclomondo/sets/

Attachments

• 1575134386_02c34d32db_o.jpg
    1575134386_02c34d32db_o.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 1,833
  • 2711920319_232cba3423_o.jpg
    2711920319_232cba3423_o.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,833
  • colnago c35.jpg
    colnago c35.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,833
  • 1005358882_2baff96fdb_o.jpg
    1005358882_2baff96fdb_o.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,833
favorite bike

mine is the 2 Speedwell titanium bikes I used to set the Pennine Way cycling record ..

Back